1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating Disorder and Weight Gain

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ten, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Ten

Ten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone,

I feel weird talking about this topic but it’s been making really self-conscious. Ever since I was a kid I’ve been a “picky” eater. I never knew quite what was wrong growing up, I just had trouble swallowing food without choking. I found out a few years ago that I have a legitimate medical issue that makes me choke.

The weird thing is that I was never bothered by being a picky eater, but once I started college I started noticing how I was extremely thin compared to other guys. I’ve been feeling more and more self-conscious about it. Still, as much as it damages my confidence, I don’t think it’s all bad. Realizing made me take my health into consideration and I’ve been trying my best to overcome the medical issue I have.

Really I’ve been trying to eat better. I drink protein shakes (good ones, not artificial), eat bigger meals, and actually got to where I can enjoy fruits without choking. I also cut back on junk food for the most part. I’m not gaining any weight though. In fact, I’ve lost maybe 3-5 pounds.

I just don’t understand what’s wrong with me. Any advice would be appreciated, whether it’s weight gain tips, how to feel more confident, or just anything I’m not understanding.

Thank you so much.