1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nylesthewolf, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Nylesthewolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I am a transgender man, my name is Nyles, and I wish everyone else knew that. I've been experiencing extreme dysphoria about my chest, and my social role as a female, and because of it, I have fallen back into old habbits of self harm, when I see myself in the mirror, I just want to cry and scream, and break things. I've tried all the coping mechanisms but my mom took my binder because she didn't want me looking like a 'dyke' and she refuses to give it back. I just don't know how to handle this.

2. Chriswe

Hey there Nyles! Well, what can I say? The world is really unfair.
    Instead of a binder, you could try to bind with a sports bra that's a few sizes too small. That's what I'm planning to do. And about the self harm, have you considered seeing a therapist or the school counsellor? It will most likely help at least a little to talk to someone about this. If you don't like talking to people irl, I'm always here to talk. If you've had a bad day or just simply want to talk about life, feel free to message me on my wall.

Good luck bro, and remember that you're never, ever alone.

3. processingerror

Hey Nyles. That sounds really tough on you. Chris is right, if you need some help, at anytime or are just feeling down, we're all here, like a second family almost. :slight_smile: i try myself to advoid looking in mirrors or reflections, and my mother thinks im a lesbian, and wont let me dress masculinely as a result. If its of any help, i advise gender neutral clothing that you could dress up once you leave the house to look more masculine. Also learning to contour masculinely is a massive help, because mums wont question the makeup. My mum doesnt understand how i keep looking more masculine, but really its just application of makeup naturally.