1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dysphoria is making me sick

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by quinnboi, Jun 14, 2018.

1. quinnboi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had a really rough time lately. I'll be up at 1 in the morning, having a panic attack and nearly throwing up. I can't shower comfortably, and I hate it. I hate my body and I'm really worried about my mental health and general well-being at the moment. I can't even leave the house thanks to social anxiety, and I can't eat because my stomach hurts 24/7 and the thought of food grosses me out on an unnatural level. I have a constant lump in my throat and there's nothing I can do about it. Does anyone have tips?

2. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well dysphoria is one thing but being grossed out by food to the point you won't eat? These symptoms are something extreme. Personally I think your problems involves more then "just" anxiety and dysphoria. I suggest you tell this to your parents or someone you trust and together search for professional help.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh man. I'm sorry you're going through this.

First, do you have school /job now? Do you feel like you'd feel better having free time or going out to people? What is the reason for this situation? Is stress and pressure from school/job involved? Do you have time to rest?

Second, when you do have the time for it, you should eat healthily, get moderate exersice (like taking walks), not watch the TV just before going to sleep, drink water, avoid caffeine, take vitamins, meditate (helps for anxiety a ton), get up and go to sleep at regulat hours, sleep for 8 hours, eat at regular hours, make sure to eat nutritious and enough, not just junk food, etc etc etc. The stomach thing needs regulating too and you should eat low fat food that is not spicy or sour, avoid coffee, and possibly take madication for it. It is an illness that can be triggered by stress but then begins a life of its own. You should see a doctor (gastologist) about it. Your sleep issues might need medication too. The doctor who prescribes sleep medication is psychiatrist. But first, check if you can cope without it by maintaining lifestyle hygene (daytime routine, no TV, meditation, walks).

4. quinnboi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys for the advice. I'm going to see a gender therapist closer to the end of the summer, and I've gone to see a doctor before about it, (my eating problem) and I take a few meds already for the sleep thing. I'm hoping that it will clear up soon. One thing I didn't mention was I'm currently out of my home state, and I think that could be affecting my body, due to new microbes. I'm also staying with my transphobic grandparents at the moment, but I'm leaving their house tomorrow so I'm hoping that might help. I should have given more background, I was just extremely stressed at the time of writing that post.

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you need to vent, it's fine. It's a support forum after all.

Yes, it very well might be that moving far away from hom might have a negative impact on health. I caught every local kind of flu that everyone went through in kindergarten probably when I lived abroad... it was a disaster. Learning to dress appropriately for the waeather also took some time.

Well, do you think it's just gender affecting you this much? Or is it something else too? Pressure can make small problems escalate to enormous sizes.

6. quinnboi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm currently in a different household, with my different grandparents who are somewhat less homophobic. I've been feeling a lot better lately, and although I'm still having some eating problems, I think that might just be a generalized anxiety thing, since I've always had a small appetite. I'm going home rather soon, so hopefully things will be back to semi-normal.