1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drag Experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LakanLunti, Oct 19, 2021.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just this last Saturday, I decided to be in drag while hanging out with my closest friends. I put on a wig, a pair 3in high heels, a dress, and wear makeup. Prior to that day, I was questioning a bit my gender. Like, am I only comfortable in my cis male body just because I've never saw myself in feminine clothing? That was tickling my brain for a while. But then I was given this rare chance to explore my gender identity and express my creativity by doing drag. And so my "dragsona" was born, Gaianarra. I was so amazed how freeing and liberating being in a dress is. I've never felt that kind of confidence before! It was so magical. It's so cliche but that's what I really felt! I was Gaianarra that moment and not me. We had a little photoshoot and I was so damn posing like Tyra is watching me! I moved and talked so differently also. It was so fun! But since I live in the Philippines and no matter how many Aircon units you open you'll still sweat, I have to dress down after roughly half an hour of being in drag. I had a blast! That night, I had a realization. I am a cis man. It was fun being Gaianarra but I love being myself too! But I would never had that strong realization that I am a gay cis male without that experience. I am so glad I had that chance and I am so glad I was with people that didn't judge me for doing it.

Also, I have an immense respect to women now after being in drag. It took me like 2-3 hours putting make up, wig, heels, and dress, and I need to have someone assisting me. Yet some women have to do this on a daily basis by themselves. You are all superhumans.

How about you? Have you tried drag? Can you share your experience? Also, if you are doing this regularly, how did you start?