1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Stick Unsafe Things Up Your Butt

Discussion in 'Anonymous Physical and Sexual Health' started by Pret Allez, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Pret Allez

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anal masturbation is wonderful and fun. Going to the hospital because you picked something bad as a lubricant or because you stuck a vegetable up your ass and then it broke, is not fun. It's embarrassing, and really, really dangerous.

Please, please, please don't stick unsafe things up your butt.

Anything from the vegetable group, particularly a brittle vegetable, is not a thing that is safe to put up your butt. A fruit is not a thing to stick up there either. The same principle applies to lubricants. Vaseline is an ointment. Do not stick it in your butt. Lotions are moisturizers. Don't stick them in your butt.

But instead of enumerating badness, I'd rather tell you what you SHOULD do instead.

If you're embarrassed, and maybe you live with your parents or something, get some cash and go buy a prepaid Visa card or something. Use that to order a real dildo, and real lubricant. If you also can't have them shipped to your address, have them shipped to a supportive third person, like a friend.

Your local university may also have a queer group and put on the occasional sex toy workshop.

These are all safer alternatives. :kiss:

2. BelleFromHell

I know coconut oil is safe to rub in the pubic/butt areas as a way to prevent infection, but jamming it all the way up your ass is not a good idea.

Also, thank you for disproving the idea of "homemade dildos" being safe. I don't know what those people were thinking!

3. Lorn

My butt weeps for these facts, but they are good to know. I'd also be worried about the potential for bits of food getting left behind and, I don't know, causing some kind of infection or something?

4. Theron

My fiance works in the ER and he sees so many people, mostly straight men, with things stuck in their asses. He once pulled a light bulb out of a guy's ass. Not kidding.

5. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Is it because straight men are more prone to sticking things up their asses? Or is it that they're more prone wind up in ER because they are less experienced back there than gay men and don't respect the sphincter?

Sorry, feeling weird tonight (and drunk, lol). :confused:

6. Pret Allez

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Malestrom: We should never forget that homophobia hurts straight men in a similar fashion to how it hurts us. (This is a comparison of kind, not degree. Obviously, we have it worse than straight men overall.) One of the consequences of homophobia is that straight men never get to explore receptive anal intercourse as a source of pleasure, even though male bodies are so clearly built for that sort of enjoyment.

But because many of them want to enjoy it, and at the same time feel a profound sense of shame, they are prone to try very dangerous things long before they make their desires known to anyone, even a sex store clerk.

This is a sad state of affairs. Especially in the case of Theron's example. I almost threw up, to be perfectly honest with you. I mean, if the light bulb had broken, that guy would have bled out and died in one of the most painful ways I can imagine. Needless to say, my butt locked up right then and there. :frowning2:

But ya, my point is, shame prevents people from seeking sexual health information they really need. The shame hits everybody hard, but it's even worse for people who have non-normative sexual desires regardless of their sexual orientation.

7. Kat 5

Lightbulbs. What was that guy smoking?

8. happydavid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have toys and lubs designed for anal. Thanks

9. Trentacles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was like 11, one of my mates from school showed me a video online of this guy shoving something glass up himself and it broke (you could hear it) and he started pulling out the pieces and bleeding out on the floor. I hate blood to begin with but trust me when I say I'm never sticking anything remotely breakable up there.

10. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw this video as well. Very disturbing - but certainly effective at deterring you from putting anything breakable or serrated up your anus.

11. Anonymous

Yes that video is hideous, it's called 1 guy - 1 jar. I think the guy died.

I once inserted this deodorant thing up my butt. I had done it before. However that one time, the cap was loose, and my ass sucked it up. It went really deep, I had a panic attack, I lived with my parents and I didn't even know that I was gay - let alone my parents. I was hyperventilating in the shower, thus making my anus more tight and that thing unable to move, and I knew that going to the doctor was not an option (I don't drive and my parents would kill me if I told them what I'd done) so I was kind of prepared to die and crying.
    It took me almost an hour to get it out, I even found some blood on my fingers while getting it out and suffered a second panic attack, and my ass hurt for a couple of days.
    My parents asked what took me so long I told them I'd fallen asleep in the shower. Thank god they didn't hear me crying or hyperventilating they'd burst in and see what I'd done.
    After that I NEVER put something back there, only my fingers and other guys' penises, just the thought of that day makes me lose all horniness anyway.
    Please don't stick dangerous stuff up your anus it's not worth the risk and doesn't even feel like sex anyway.

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Great post. Masturbation should be safe and healthy, not dangerous.

13. Jorgim

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can we have a section on this in the information section of the website? I like to masturbate anally but I'm not in a position to buy lube or sex toys. I was about to use Vaseline so thank god I found this thread...

14. Pret Allez

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Vaseline is probably not the worst thing. I used it twice before in my lifetime, and I'm here to tell about it. I was more concerned with people sticking carrots up their butt (which could then break and get stuck) and stuff like that.

I still don't recommend Vaseline because it's not designed for anal masturbation. Your rule should be the only things that can go up your ass are fingers, a penis, or toys specifically engineered for sex.

I still urge you to look into options for getting real lubricant. You might be able to obtain it through a local LGBT center. If not, another try would be going to the market and getting a pre-paid Visa card, and ordering something like this online. This is the lubricant I use, and I love it.

15. KazTastic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure about the USA, but you can buy lube at the supermarket and chemist here - they usually keep it near the condoms. Most larger supermarkets also have self serve checkouts so you don't have to talk to the person behind the checkout.

16. Alyss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used baby cream in the past. Didn't have problems with that,but probably it is not recommended.

In case of vegetables, it is better to use dildo. I used carrots and cucumbers once, but always in condom, anyway dildo is recommended.

17. biguy8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really didn't know Vaseline was bad to use. I've used it with my dildo a lot anally. I have other stuff, but it doesn't last as long.

18. Wuggums47

I understand that vaseline isn't good, but what about aquaphor? It's biologically neutral, and contains no added chemicals.

19. D3m3nt4ti0n

True story time: A week ago I tried shoving things up my butt, because I had some kind of guilt over always being insertive in bed and getting worried that I was "hurting my boyfriend and being abusive" and "not caring enough," and thus would be hated and rejected. Common mental refrain of "nobody likes having that done to them," etc.

I got a drum stick, wrapped an old shirt over it, and rammed that thing in and out of myself as fast and hard as I could without any lubricant or loosening up. It felt the same, more or less, as masturbation usually does. Which is to say, it hurt, it was strenuous, it felt like I was tearing my own guts out, but it eventually lead up to ejaculation if I pushed through the pain long enough.

I get the point of this topic, and it's a good thing for people to have information to avoid becoming Glass-up-the-A$$ or Richard Gere. But I'm not capable of sexual or masturbatory acts that don't hurt and aren't an ordeal on some level. It's probably neurological. I'm still not going to entertain the thought that I'm "doing it wrong," because by definition there is no way for me to do it right, except to stop having erections completely which isn't going to happen.

Penis shaped silicone things are not something I view as worth spending my money on, and as a result of too many sophomoric pranks I see them in the same category as a plastic vomit or glue-on chest hair. Lubricant is something I do not like either, as it is too much of a hassle and obscures the sensation on/near/through the rectal wall--my innards can't get a good grip on the object I'm inserting, either.