1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Don Blankenship Senate Run WV

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kyrielles, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don Blankenship Ex Coal CEO who recently was released from Federal prison due to charges related to a mine explosion which resulted in 29 deaths is running for a senate seat in WV. I personally do not reside in West Virginia, but to me this is upsetting. For one I personally don't think he should be allowed to run considering he has had federal charges, I also think it's disrespectful to the people of West Virginia, and I would strongly urge people not to vote for him.

Blankenship is an Ex Coal CEO and in 2009 a mine explosion resulted due to failure to upkeep mines and follow regulations. There has been word that the mine inspectors were paid off to write the regulations failures off as if nothing were wrong. In result 29 people were killed. 29 families were forever changed and had someone taken from them due to greed, the greed of money and not wanting to spend it to upkeep a mine that employees were working in. Clearly the guy has/had no respect for low level workers under him. He ends up only getting one year in prison.

I'd also urge people to spread the word and not vote for him due to the fact that he is an ex coal ceo, meaning he has a very strict mindset of making money. If he is elected into office the people of WV will continue suffering, I'm sure he'll be preaching the word of god and coal in the areas were people are hopeless and god and coal is all the seem to think they have. And although coal use is dropping, prices are dropping, and these companies create problems for the places in which they function the people of these areas like I said seem to think it's all they have. Trust me, the state I reside in right now is a pro coal state, and every time it's nearing election all that's on tv are people running for office talking about coal and how they'll bring it back, they'll save jobs, no one else besides them care, etc. And really it's all a bunch of bs & the people who run these types of campaigns never help or care to talk about more important issues. And the citizens will happily give them their votes over and over, it's insanity.

Anyways I got off topic a bit there, but Don Blankenship, I don't think he should run, and I definitely hope he doesn't get the votes to proceed, we don't need more people with Trump mindsets in office.