1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does your family/friends think we're living in the end times?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Jul 2, 2015.

1. biguy8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A long time ago when I read the Left Behind I did think it could be the end of the world but not now. If I remember correctly, Paul was just trying to get people to stop worshiping other idols. The reason Paul said not to marry was because Christianity was in its infancy, and he wanted it to spread. That's how I read it.

2. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah some of my facebook friends think so

3. Rapha Lover

Well, It's normal sometimes say ''is the end of time'. About my parents, I hear my mom say this sometimes.

In my opinion, the end of times is nothing relationed without holy book or something like this, but yes is your society! We live in a system where destroy the environment everyday, pollute air and water, war because territories and power! Anyway, I believe in mankind an one day we live in a other Earth completely different that one who we live today.

4. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Well, you have to understand. Most people do not deal very well with things they do not understand. The Supreme Court ruling recently, you have to understand, is something they were not prepared for. It is something they don't understand, and they are panicking. When people panic, they do weird things.

5. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This obviously has nothing to do with the stuff your family is saying, but I think the end of civilization as we know it is probably not too far away. I would guess that the next 50 years or so are going to be filled with increasing wars and political turmoil. Then, as time goes on civilized society will crumble. I would say that within 50-100 years, there will be no civilization other than bands of survivors. However, this will ultimately bring about a greater state of awareness, intelligence, and evolution. This process will be happening during the lifetimes of any young person today, I think. So, yes I think that the "end" is coming, but for very different reasons. My family does not agree with me on this though, and they think that I sound "crazy" when I talk about it.

This has nothing to do with religion. It's just what makes the most sense from what I observe in the world. It seems that the basic fabric of civilization is falling apart due to wars, economic crashes, and political gridlock and turmoil. This seems to be happening across the world, and it is not at all limited to this country or even the western world. With Iran and North Korea building nuclear weapons, along with other radical and anti-American nations, future wars could turn into a global apocalypse where few people would survive. Also, natural disasters are increasing due to global climate change. As time goes on, more of the ice sheets are going to melt which is going to raise sea levels by about 10-20 feet. This will flood many developed areas. Also, with the warmer temperatures in some areas, hurricanes, tornadoes, and other dangerous weather phenomena will reach epic proportions. Another thing that is happening, which some people might not agree with is a surge in UFO sightings. These objects appear to be becoming more numerous and the encounters have become increasingly detailed. It almost seems as if they are trying to tell us something about how we are wrecking our planet. I have seen unusual things in the sky myself a couple times with my very own eyes. Additionally, if all that were not enough, the global elite seem to be building tunnels underneath the surface of the Earth to hide out from the coming changes. Just watch Jesse Ventura's show on conspiracy theories. He actually goes inside a massive underground tunnel complex! There are tunnels that exist miles underground, connecting cities all over the nation and the world. They are kept secret, but the entrances are sometimes visible from the side of the road! That was how Jesse Ventura gets to it in the show! Think about it, why would some mysterious body of people build massive networks of tunnels if they did not think that the end was coming?

#25 Contact1111, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my gosh, yes. My mother never shuts up about how "Jesus is going come to soon". When all the states legalized gay marriage last week, she said that as a former lawyer she agreed with it, but from a religious standpoint, this is Sodom and Gomorrah :rolle:
    I mean if you want to think that, that's fine...but to me, it sounds like baloney.

8. Alisa Arwen

I try to keep religious nuts out of my life. Fortunately that's not too hard in rural Britain.