1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does This Mean I'm Bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by alainbeaux, Apr 23, 2017.

1. alainbeaux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Everyone,

So, I had this really uncomfortable dream a couple days ago that really disturbed me. I should start off by saying that, as far as I'm aware, I'm a 100% gay man. I've never been attracted to a woman in my life and never had a sexual or romantic urge to get involved with a member of the opposite sex. I'm completed closeted, so I've never had sexual or romantic contact of any form with a member of either sex.

Basically, I had this dream where I was lying in bed with a group of people, all of which I work with. One of them is a woman, and for some reason, in this dream she suddenly started rubbing up against me and moaning until she climaxed. I pretended to be asleep. In the dream I wasn't sure if she had a crush on me or what (I'm pretty sure she doesn't in real life). Anyway, I can't figure out what this dream is supposed to mean. As far as I know I don't have any bisexual tendencies. I've never thought this girl was attractive one bit, which makes me even more confused. She's not particularly beautiful. I would actually love to be bisexual because that would mean I could enter a heterosexual relationship with no problem. Honestly, I've had more dreams like this than ones where I actually engage sexually with another guy. This has always frustrated me because those are the kinds of dreams I want to have. What do you guys think? Are these dreams just my subconscious expressing how uncomfortable sexually around women? I mean, I don't what it's like for other gay guys, but I doubt I could ever seriously get an erection with a woman. It just seems impossible. I'm pretty much exclusively sexually and romantically drawn to men. Could these dreams mean I'd a latent bisexual? They happen pretty infrequently, but they do they kind upset me.

2. The1nkling

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't put much stock in it. Maybe your brain was just playing with the idea of you being straight/bisexual.

3. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I think your subconscious is just playing around. I've had dreams about having sex before, whereas in reality I'm not interested in it in the slightest. I actually find the idea repulsive.

4. James23367

If it turns out you are bi so be it. Don't restrict yourself, be open to personality not gender.

5. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having the occasional dream about women doesn't mean you're attracted enough to them to want a relationship or sex with them. I agree with everyone else and say not to worry about it.