1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it really get better?!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CL1990, Jun 13, 2019.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey guys ive gone through different stages in my coming out in the past 2 years or so and i think its just getting worse. Im going to outline it here just to get it out of my head but any input would be really helpful coz i feel this is the worse ive been:
    basically i started of by not been able to come out to anyone and in therapy i was really really angry.
    slowly i started coming out to people but the anger was still there. I met someone and i felt a "high".
    i felt she lost interest to i obsessed over her.
    now my anger seems to have been changed for sadness and lonelyness. basically i have moved from being really guarded and not sharing my feelings to crying in front of people a lot and feeling reaaaaally sad.

obviosly i have got myself back to therapy but not sure what to do as i feel super lost!!

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm sorry you are still struggling but it definitely does get better. I know you might not feel like it right now but it will just don't give up. Have you read about the stages of grief? It sounds like you are progressing through them, which is good. Be kind to yourself you will get there.

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In some ways that is an improvement; that you are crying and expressing your sadness rather than staying guarded and keeping it all bottled up. I've known a lot of gay people who could use a good cry, and they are people who have been out of the closet for years.

Pretending things don't bother you when they are bothering you won't make anything better. Embrace the sad fucked up feeling. Own it.

LostJedi likes this.
  4. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you guys as always your words help massively!!

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you're describing is textbook classic stages of loss (loss of perception as straight) denial-anger-bargaining-depression-acceptance. So you're definitely on the right track!

Talking about it is one of the best things you can do... either here or on therapy, or both.

6. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you! im actually back in therapy and then im talking to a couple friends and family because i find that talking is the only way to open up to crying and releasing the knot i have in my stomach + chest....!