1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he Return my interest?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Drowie42, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Drowie42

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There is this guy, who for the sake of privacy I’ll call Simon(And yes, I am well aware of the amazing book and movie of the same name). I have gym with Simon and a major crush on him(I’m male). I am not out to anyone Except myself. I have honestly been coming on to him, mentioning gay rights, singing(or more accurately mumbling) my Gay version of songs(I turn all the female pronouns into male basically, and I enjoy these love songs much more when I can related) I honestly don’t know the sexuality of this guy. When I was talking to Simon about gay rights, he did seem intreasted, and he said “cool”. He seems to think I’m gay, as there are many big time homophobes in our class, and he does think it’s “cool” when I stand up to them, saying things like “that’s the right thing to do”. He’s pretty effeminate, but also many of the homophobes in my school act effeminate, and say things like “daddy” to make fun of gays. He has mainly female friends, is opposed to the Bible’s homophobia(like me), and the one main thing was today when Simon came up to me, put him hand on my shoulder, and said “we’re friends right?” Friends was said sort of strangely, and there was a lot of touching. I can’t tell if he’s making fun or me or if he’s actually interested in me as well, and afraid to say it. He has relationships with girls as well, so he’s probably bi if anything. I’d hate for him to be Josh Channing me, or even worse for me to be Trenting his Rebecca(I’m totally like a Trent in this situation, I can tell.)(I’m referencing crazy ex girlfriend if that wasn’t clear

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to tell if he feels the same way. We haven't seen you interact with each other in person, so can only judge based on what you wrote. And with that said, there could be something there. Not necessarily romantic interest from his part, but definitely a supportive attitude. The best thing you could do is to come out to him and see where it goes. Don't come out to him and confess your feelings at the same time - let him get used to one thing at a time. I know this wasn't very helpful so I apologize. Hopefully someone else can give better advice. @silverhalo or @Chip - Do you perhaps have insight into this?

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey @Ruby Dragon thank you for the heads up although I think your advice is spot on.

@Drowie42 it is as Ruby Dragon said really difficult to tell, I don't think it sounds like he is making fun of you but at the same time that doesn't mean for sure he likes you as more than friends. I think there is definitely a possibility he might like you back but I don't want you to get your hopes up yet as it's pretty early to say. I agree that coming out to him would be good, he may well already know or think that you are gay but sharing that information personally can show a bond of trust and he may well share something back. Do you ever hang out with him outside of school?

4. Drowie42

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No not really

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe that is something you could suggest to try and get to know him better.