1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Donald Trump have a chance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreamerBoy17, Aug 25, 2015.

?

Will Trump be able to get the nomination for republican?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Depends on how stupid voters are

43 vote(s)
    58.1%
  1. MetalRice

It's possible; but I think Walker will get it ultimately.

2. FootballFan101

Opps I voted wrong I tapped no instead of It Depnds how stupid the voters are

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of winning the Republican nomination? Absolutely. Of winning the general election? He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Although if he did win, he'd do a great job of putting the Democrats back in control of Congress in a quick hurry.

He'd lose for the same reason that Republicans lost many winnable Senate races in 2012: they nominated the stupidest, most divisive, most vitriolic candidates that their rabid base absolutely adored. Every time he opens his mouth, it's yet another "Legitimate rape" type gaffe, only his poll numbers improve. But just like Todd Akin and Richard "God intended for you to be raped" Mourdock, the more their favorability ratings among Republicans improve, the more their general election polls sink.

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, he's winning in polls.

5. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not if Deez Nutz has anything to say about it...but in all seriousness yes he won't be short for money and he doesn't have a problem with looking stupid as opposed to looking weak America has proven to not have a problem electing stupid people

6. dt85

dt85 Guest

I agree with this line of thinking. I don't think anyone who is a moderate or who is on the fence about who to vote for would go with Trump. The youth vote is going to be perhaps more significant that ever, also. I don't know too many people who are in the 18-30 age range who would vote for Trump.

My wish is that we would elect the first female president—only I'd far rather it be Elizabeth Warren than Hilary Clinton. It's too bad she isn't running. I'll be voting for Bernie Sanders in the primaries.

7. ChameleonSoul

It really depends on whether some of the Republicans drop out and keep their voters out of Trump's grimy little hands. If that doesn't work, our only solace will be moving to Canada where the majority of voters can actually reason.

8. I don't think so, especially since like many other countries, immigration is becoming a hot topic.

I absolutely despise his immigration policy. It's basically extra government intrusion into our businesses. It forces businesses to hire "American workers" despite if immigrant workers are more skilled. Also, it punishes cities for having undocumented residents, even though cities often have no control over where people live.

9. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Yes" and "Depends on how stupid voters are" are not mutually exclusive categories in this case.

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you hear what he called Megyn Kelly?

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trump will be done by Valentine's Day. Kiss him goodbye.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate Donald trump he's such an asshole.

13. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope he doesn't! otherwise I won't be visiting the U.S. anytime soon :frowning2:

14. timetraveltea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just...uuuugh, I really hope not. The fact that this is a question worth asking really makes me worry. It COULD happen :icon_sad: But maybe it would make it easier for another Democrat to be elected... :icon_bigg

Still, if he is indeed out of the race after the primaries, I'll feel much better since we won't have to hear about him in the news as much (hopefully). :lol:

#34 timetraveltea, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  15. hyperInactive

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Asking if Trump is going to be the Republican choice is somewhat moot, as he is going to be running a priori; the question should be whether or not he will have to be his own funding. But the issue I see is that as a CEO, Trump expects everyone to do what he says how he says it when he says it, an expectation which if taken to the White House or into international discussion will turn the USA into the laughing stock of the world as Trump breaks down over every single little question that poses a legitimate threat to his argument and forces him into argumentum ex culo. Even in his own country, he's likely to become unanimously hated if he isn't already when he tries his economic stunts he's done with his businesses; he is the exact opposite of the kind of person I want in office. I fear that people will elect him only because of the namesake or because it's the only name they recognize, which is likely what is to happen if Trump gets the Republican vote. If he's an independent it'll likely decrease his chances of winning, but only marginally. But it's really too early to say anything for sure about how his campaign is going to work...

tl;dr I hope Trump doesn't win he'd be bad for our country and for the world but we should wait until next year to start speculating.

Wow, it feels like the election is this November, not next November!

#35 hyperInactive, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One observation: He reminds me a lot of the American version of Italy's Silvio Berlusconi. The two seem like peas in a pod. Both rich, both rabidly anti-immigrant, both loud-mouths, both sexist philanderers, and both on the garish/gaudy side: Flashy egoists.

He may have a chance at the nomination, but as for the election, not so much

17. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think he's got a shot at the Republican nomination just because of his numbers. Republicans who dislike him are divided over a whole bunch of other candidates.

However, I doubt he can win the election. His offensiveness will alienate anyone in the left and center, and a good portion of Republicans will decide that even a Democrat would be better than him. He's capitalizing on fear and anger to gain followers, and while that would work in more desperate times, right now it'll only carry him so far.

18. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not a chance. He appeals to emotion and name recognition, but lacks substance. People aren't that stupid in general.

19. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he wins the nomination it will be the biggest gift the GOP has ever given the Democratic Party because they would be able to win the White House for a third consecutive time, win back the Senate, and win back many seats in the house. Whenever 70% of voters think you're a divisive bully (and 26% of voters within your own party say they would never vote for you), you can't win the general election. Just imagine Donald Trump in an actual debate not held in a circus tent vs a well qualified candidate like Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, hell, even Joe Biden. He'd get destroyed.

With that being said, if he wins the general I will seriously consider moving out of the country after I finish by undergrad studies.

20. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

If Trump becomes President, will he go grey too? ROFL

I think he might actually get the Republican nomination (YIKES!),
    but win the country? I sure hope not.

One of my American friends just asked me the other day (because of Trump) Are we the laughingstock of the world yet?

I said Oh no, but you will be if you elect Trump as President.