1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone here share my belief in reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jsmurf, May 12, 2012.

1. Wolfy

I believe in reincarnation. I don't care if there's evidence or not. I believe I'll have second lives and the like.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I believe in reincarnation. I had a strange set of circumstances happen to me that led me to this. I have read many books on the topic and my belief has really helped me be the advocate I have now because I firmly believe that we fall in love with someone's soul, not their gender. If everyone could see that, the world would be a better place.

---------- Post added 13th May 2012 at 10:59 AM ----------

Oh and another thing.....I once had a past life regression. :slight_smile:

3. Zontar

Thanks to the admittedly bizarre works of Dr. Ian Stevenson, reincarnation stands as the most plausible theory of what happens after death, maybe second only to the prevailing opinion that we "just die".

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People don't just die. A soul can not be destroyed. The body does, but after that the soul pass to a different dimension. An this is where some of the problem comes. Some people died, unable to complete something that was important. They often stay behind and become what we would call ghosts. Others accepts their deaths and move on.

Where do we move on to would you ask? That question has plagued humanity for ever. And what made it weird was that reincarnation does exist. How does that work since not every one is a reincarnated soul? some would say that if certain parameters are met, you get to be reincarnated. Other believes indicated that you may or may not have a choice in being reincarnated or moving on further.

5. Zontar

Well, none of that "soul" stuff has been proven. The best we can get from Stevenson's work is that consciousness has the potential to move between bodies. If the work is reputable, it's a game-changing finding and from that point we'd need to see how that actually goes on.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in reincarnation myself. In fact, I don't really believe in a soul distinct from the body.

(to be exact, I believe the universe is essentially just one closed system in which everything is tied to everything else. We only can see parts of it at a time. Kind of like a diamond that you can only see one facet of).

There is, indeed, a lot of intriguing phenomena that we can't really explain yet.
    But on the whole, it's usually just that: non-repeatable and often anecdotal. As long as it's non-repeatable and non-predictable, it is (to me), quite a jump to accept reincarnation as the one explanation. Personally, I favour the interpretation that our minds are just capable of more than we give them credit for, which can sometimes seem like drawing information from thin air.

On the other side: it hasn't been conclusively ruled out either, so as far as I'm concerned, everyone is free to believe what they want! And I am quite confident that as we learn more and more about how the mind works, we'll one day figure it out either way.