1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else think pride parades go too far?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by falcenav, Aug 17, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me too I'm not gonna lie I just would love to stare at boobs all day long and women just showing them :icon_bigg

2. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stocking, lol. :slight_smile:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :lol: I just love boobs :icon_redf

4. JStevens96

JStevens96 Guest

This.

5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to pride this year in San Francisco and I loved it. Of course it was outrageous; it's San Francisco--everything is nuts there. But no, I don't think pride parades need to go away so we can cater to people who wouldn't be favorable to LGBT people anyway. "Well, I'd like the gays if it weren't for those darn parades!" No, you wouldn't. And if you get all your ideas about LGBT people from the media anyhow, then what kind attitude is that?

A lot of people who knock Pride have never been. I had all kinds of ideas about what it was going to be like and how I'd feel and I didn't really know until I went. Just saying.

Pride was fun for me (no I didn't "get naked in the street"), but I wasn't there to show clueless people how I think gay people should act. I was just enjoying myself, especially being around other gay people. That's what it was about for me. It means different things to different people.

#165 MintberryCrunch, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With gay pride I think so I only see the beach minor nudity and with gay pride it's excessive nudity.

7. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Oh I get you.

I really, really do. (*hug*)

(For me, though, it's a fight between tits and cock, I just love both so very much!)

8. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol yep, yep. :wink:

9. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    stupid judgmental men keep making excuses that women dresses and make up is the reason they are getting raped and they should keep themselves more covered if they want to be safe
    while they (stupid men i hate) can dress whatever they want and fuck who ever they want they and blame it on the victim which is so :tantrum:

if we were to be accepted naked leather or whatever parades have if people are fucking judgemental about everything and think we are disgusting they will just keep making excuses for us to be disgusting

10. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely think it can go way too far! It is probably the thing I detest most about the LGBT community. I see it as a group of angry homosexuals who want to shock and cause controversy. It is not an accurate portrayal of the majority of the gay community, and it definitely has negative connotations. I know from a lot of Christian people's viewpoints, that this is their perception of the gay community as a whole, and are thus disgusted which is understandable. We are all just normal people, but a few people feel the need to be exhibitionists and cause controversy, which ends up just tainted the perception of our community. So I am not a fan of pride events at all

11. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, tv goes "too far" with heterosexual stuff everyday... Half naked people, check... Dancing "provocatively" check... Kissing and making out, probably more in european tv, but definitely CHECK!

No, pride parades in my experience never go too far. The accusation is used by homophobes with homophobic intentions.

12. Lipstick Leuger

^^^^^this.........

It's an excuse, much like the "it's how she dresses" rape defense.

I have been to many prides in many years, all over, and we take our kids. We also take our parents, the 'Grands' as the kids call them. We always enjoy it and have fun. I remember one where a guy had a pair of white Speedos on(like at a beach) and it was exactly at my youngest daughters eye level, while she sat enjoying a treat. She started to giggle. Some young guys were pointing and one said " It must not be all that if he has to showcase it!" It was pretty funny, and to this day my now 23, 17 and 15 year old kids refer to it as "The Great White Hope" incident.:roflmao:

13. NatWheeled

Hmm, interesting topic. When I realized I was lesbian I had a moment of, now what? Do I buy rainbow bracelets n put up LGBT banners? Maybe even get a T-shirt? But none of that is me. OK I'm gay, so what? Isn't the whole idea to get society to not make a big fuss about being gay? Yet the LGBT community, in an effort to counter the negative fuss made, throw massive parade filled with rainbow stuff n apparently scantily dressed participants. We, as in the LGBT community, tell everyone we're no different than them, yet purposefully make ourselves stand apart. It just doesn't make much sense to me, and I feel the same way about other oppressed groups. I've seen posts resisting the idea of being normal. I don't want to be special because I'm a lesbian, or because I'm in a wheelchair, or because I'm a christian. I'm special because I'm me, the only me there is. I can't be reproduced, or copied. I'm a unique creation, and being lesbian is just part of my uniqueness.

Oh, one more thing, being gay hardly gives you license to be inappropriate in public. I don't wanna see some guys junk in a parade, especially as it'd be right at my eye level as I'm sitting in my wheelchair...I mean, I'm lez after all, keep it in your pants...and please wear pants...

Granted I've yet to attend a gay pride parade or event, dunno if I will...I do think its important to come together for support. Just not much for flaunting my sexuality...any more than I flaunt my belief in Jesus. It just is.

14. Beetle

No, it's the media's fault for making them look bad. The 'leather pride' stuff can be a little strange...but from what I've seen...I've seen worse or about the same at the beach. I don't think people should be ashamed for showing their bodies.

15. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of the main reasons why I have been so unsure about going to pride, is because of how the majority of pride goers seem to behave. I'm sure that not everyone that goes there carries on like that, but for the ones that do, I find the behavior to be off-putting and inappropriate. Sure, I can be pretty damn kinky, but I can also be a little "old-fashioned". It seems to me that that type of behavior would only reinforce every negative stereotype of the community.

16. Emmanuella

The one in my city is rather boring/uneventful...

17. Lipstick Leuger

Yes, I can understand how this could upset some people a great deal. I must say however that my experience with The Great White Hope was the only thing I have ever seen in over 15 years of Prides I have attended, that was like that. Most is actually normal people with their lovers and partners holding hands and seeing their friends, family, etc.

I probably was not to offended by it as much as others would have been as I live near a beach and see stuff like this all the time. People coming in resturants, for ice cream, and to bars in bikini tops and speedo bottoms. The guys usually have a shirt on sure, Unless it's an outside ice cream parlor or beach side bar, but his junk is still hanging out there! Gals come in with their breasts hanging out of too small bikini tops, althought no one tells them to cover up. It seems rather sexist to me when they make guys cover up but not the chicks. But, that is another discussion.(!)