1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else have absolutely vivid dreams?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KelTik, Jul 26, 2022.

1. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dreaming in color? Dreaming very intensely? Emotional/subconscious unloading in your dreams at night. Or spiritual messages kind of dreams.
    I'm very interested to know!?

2. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

I have vivid nightmares and dreams, although usually by morning I don't remember them. Sometimes my dreams give me weird feelings that linger all day. Mine keep me up a lot. What about you?

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always had vivid dreams, always in color, ever since I was young. Sometimes I get recurring dreams, what won't go away unless I solve what the dream wanted to tell me. I had the same dream repeat itself 3 days straight. When I got my answer, then the dream stopped. I have had terrifying nightmares too, that have kept me up at night. If anything, then I find dreams fascinating. There are science that studies about how dreams work. I won't tell about my dreams to my family members, since they always see something bad in them and tell oh that's a bad omen. I like to think that dreams teach you something. Nowadays I see dreams very rarely. I saw them often, when I was younger.

4. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest I barely have any dreams at all! Kind of worrying when I think about it haha, but hey at least I don't have many nightmares.

I've jinxed myself now, haven't I.

5. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have always dreamed in color (isn’t it the norm ?) and it’s usually just absolute chaos. But sometimes I dream that I am two separate being and I basically talk to myself. The conversation must have some meaning but I don’t really think about it

6. UndoneStateOfMe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah every once in a while I will get hit with a pretty intense dream. If i drink a cup of coffee before bed usually I have a pretty bad nightmare which is always fun. Whenever I think about the actual contents of them its mostly childhood stuff? I have so many dreams where I am back in high school or something of that nature its so strange.

7. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have always been a prolific and vivid dreamer. Most of the time, they are highly symbolic with some random junk from the day thrown in. I have had absurd dreams like ostriches dressed up as Vegas show girls riding bicycles to ones dealing with war, disaster, and death. I also had the worlds most G-rated sex dreams about Jennifer Garner and a triple x rated one about Cheyenne Jackson.

8. Loves books

My dreams are usually insane. They are always in colour, I’m pretty sure that’s the norm. Very rarely have I realised I’m dreaming. Most recently it was when my alarm went off. I set several alarms because they don’t work anymore. Recently I heard the alarm and knew I was dreaming. But then last night Kate Walsh and David Boreanaz were sitting at my kitchen table and for some reason I didn’t know I was dreaming. What’s weirder for me that I remember stuff in my dreams that never happened. Like a backstory. Then I have the nightmares. Usually spiders or other bugs. The time my room was full of Aragog sized spiders and one ripped a chunk off my arm and I could feel it and see my arm with a gaping hole. My dreams are super vivid.

9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vivid dreams means that it's not just in color, but also have clear details, involved storyline, strong emotions and is remembered as if it were actual real life experience. Two main stages of sleep are rapid eye movement (REM sleep) and non-REM sleep. Dreaming can occur during both of the stages, but dreams during REM sleep tend to be more vivid. REM cycles are typically longer and deeper towards the end of sleep.

There are apps, what you can use to track your sleep and I used it for a while, it showed the time of the night I had REM sleep and there were times I was able to recall my dreams that night as well.

Small precentage (I'm not sure about the actual precentage, so won't share that) of people do actually see dreams in black and white.

There are many factors that can cause you to have vivid dreams: fragmented sleep (waking up at night), sleep deprivation, stress, medication, sleep disorders, pregnancy.

The example of vivid dreams is nightmares. If you wish to stop seeing them, then it's a good idea to try and maintain regular sleep schedule and cultivate peace of mind, like doing deep breathing, meditation and try to relax.

10. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've definitely had some incredibly vivid dreams before, especially nightmares.

There are some that stick in my mind for years, for instance - I once had a dream about a group of donkeys. Within this dream, there was a narrator reciting a poem, "See that donkey with the crimson tail? He may look cute, but he's doomed to fail" is a line that stuck around in my mind after I woke up.

On occasion I've attempted to draw a couple of stand out nightmares, consider it a morbid fascination.

However, I've had pleasant dreams that were equally as vivid. One that was particularly annoying was when I went paintballing, met a woman, grew close, shared insecurities, we got married and had a whole life together. Decent house, nice life, peaceful garden. Then I woke up and thought "Wait, that was all a dream? Rude".

11. Redmelon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a big Star Trek Fan, so I occasionally have dreams that I am in an episode.
    I don't know if this counts as a dream, but I suddenly hear someone call my name, or one of the kids call me. It's a loud voice and I always wake up with a start and ask who is there, or I rush to see who called me. No one is there and no one called me. It takes a while for me to go back to sleep.

12. zename

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Used to have very vivid dreams when I was younger. Not so much anymore, though they still occur.