1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone’s anxiety increase during pms?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AnxiousReader, Apr 28, 2023.

1. AnxiousReader

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’ve noticed that sometimes up to about two weeks before my period, I often get really bad anxiety. The closer it gets to my period the worse it gets and then I level out and feel a lot better once my period arrives. Does this happen for anyone else? The past two days have been ROUGH. Everything seems worse than it is and it’s like I just spiral and afterwards when it’s over I look back and it becomes super obvious my anxiety was exacerbating everything. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. It took me a while to make the connection, but once I did it was clear as day. My periods used to be very irregular and I could tell when I was coming up on one because I would get extremely anxious for no reason at all. Then my period would start and that anxiety would immediately start to fade. It's one of the main reasons why I wanted to start birth control (I'm also on an anti-anxiety medication which I think helped more).

AnxiousReader likes this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I get anxious and depressed just before period