1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you want kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Jan 22, 2012.

?

do you want kids?

1. Yes

142 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I don't know/Maybe so..

89 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Already got 'em!

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. hyperaware

hyperaware Guest

Eh, I don't really like kids. But even if I did I doubt someone would want to have them with me lol.

2. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want kids, of course! I like kids, I love them, actually. I love my kitty that I adopted and I imagine me being a mom and being such a pain in the ass because I'd love the kid always and forever haha. They'd be pissed off at me and sometimes I'm afraid the kid would be spoiled, because I HATE spoiled people.

But I want 1 or 2, nothing more. I want to adopt a kid, maybe a boy and a girl, or maybe two girls. I'll see about that. I wish I could adopt a really poor kid. I am just afraid that they'd be kind of difficult in their teenage years, but maybe not, right? I'll see about that in the future.

3. OutwardSmiles

It depends. Sometimes I'm all "Oh I love babies! Babies are so cute! I want to be a mom some day!" but then at other times I'm just like "I wouldn't even know what to do if I had a baby. What do they eat? How many times do they have to be walked?"

In case it isn't obvious, the last part in quotation marks is supposed to be funny. Laugh, dang it!

4. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

I don't care for biological children. If I ever get the urge, they'll probably be adopted.

If one of my partners already has children, then okay. If one of my partners wants children, then okay.

---------- Post added 21st May 2013 at 11:02 PM ----------

omfg :roflmao:

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm undecided on whether or not I'd want kids. I enjoy my freedom, and think I'd make a terrible mom. But I may feel different about it at a later stage :confused:

6. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, maybe. It's not really something I've really thought about and it'd be a long time before seriously considering it. Alot of other factors would come into play too, especially the guy i'm with and if we're committed to each other.

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We were planning to have a family at one point. We would try to adopt unwanted children. Those that are left behind, like the colored, or disabled, and certainly a bit older.
    We might go for fostercare.

We certainly donĀ“t want a baby.

But now I just have to wait and see how my boyfriend turns out.
    We are still young, so we have time, especially since we want older kids/teens anyway.

8. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nope, I am too selfish for kids. Anyway, I already have 5 nieces, 3 nephews, 6 great-nephews and 4 great-nieces, so I think the family genes are in good hands

9. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Yes, I want a son.

10. Envira

Yeah. My opinion might change, but I think I want a boy and a girl. It doesn't really matter though, cuz just having kids would be enough.

11. Sully

I voted maybe/don't know.

I joke a lot about not wanting kids. Now thinking about it. I think I really don't want kids. I don't want my life encroached upon, I don't want to have to care for offspring for 20 odd years. It just really doesn't appeal to me.

12. Probably one or two kids later on in life :slight_smile:

13. Hun

Hun

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

14. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Yes. When I came out, I was very much afraid that being gay meant I would never have children. Adoption is legal, (but frowned upon from what ive heard,) In Missouri, and marriage may become legal in my lifetime, as america is kind of progressing quick... (not that im expecting it to become legal in more southern states anytime soon tbh)

If I could somehow have a child who is biologically mine, then that would be great, but I don't expect it to happen. I would not mind adopting at all, but weirdly id like it to be a young adoption, if not the experience of adopting a baby. I really would like to raise a great minded individual who goes out into the world and does some good, even if he/she (i hope its a she... just 1 btw lol) decides to paint art or create carpets for companies.... anything is worthy in my eyes and it would mean the world to me to see them accomplish their dreams :3 I know i'll be around to help them as much as I can. Guess its a selfish reason, but yeah, I would really love to have a daughter...

Im not afraid of having a son because I don't have a boyfriend/hubby/partner/etc. to complete me. I don't want someone who is very masculine per say (Because im pretty feminine at times, rarely "masculine" lol). To be clear, If i have a boy, I don't intend to be like my father and try to make me as "straight" as possible.. I want him to figure out what he likes, but still be able to give him all of the options (things like throwing a ball around, sports, etc etc.) so he can accurately realize his stuff :slight_smile:

15. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YESSSS!! Not right now though. I want to be in my late twenties or early thirties at least. :grin:
    Oh... now I'm sad because I can't have my own babies... but taking in babies that don't have loving parents is always good! I'd love them like my own as soon as I held them. :grin:

16. BlueBear

The concept of having your own family is appealing. Occasionally I have moments wanting kids but an hour with my niece and I am realize they are not a fit for me

17. Dans le placard

Absolutely. Whether through adoption or through surrogacy, I don't mind; I am basically determined to become a dad some time in the future. Basically, the thought of not having kids was one of the factors keeping me deep inside the closet. The thought of being able to get married and have kids, just simply with another man, helped get me out the closet.