1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you want kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Jan 22, 2012.

?

do you want kids?

1. Yes

142 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I don't know/Maybe so..

89 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Already got 'em!

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. KingdomKeyDK

I don't know. I have a few years before I'm most likely going to get one by accident so...

2. Oddish

Oddish Guest

It bothers me more than I would like to admit, but I wish I could reproduce my own genetics and traits, but my biology allows me not. I would be okay with adoption, I'm sure that I would love them as they are my own children, but.. I would rather hold my biological daughter, or son, in my arms, and nurture them, and watch them grow up.. and be able to tell them, "You inherited my big nose and my bad temper", if I had a choice.

So, even though I tend to dislike children, lately I've been feeling fatherly and perhaps I would adore having kids. But I am not physically capable, yet alone mentally capable, and I feel guilt trying to play a male role. I would feel like I had disappointed my children since I'm not a real man, and their dad was actually born female. I'd feel guilt.

When I contemplate it, it would be better off that I don't.

3. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

No. I hate toddlers and babies. I also refuse to act like that is something I am going to grow out anymore than being gay.

4. MixedNutz

I wanted a son a lot when I was pre 28... Not i don't want any at all.

5. Never. I just don't see the appeal.

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever me and my possible partner are ready. I'll probably adopt, but a surrogate would also be in the mix.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't adopt, as such. If I ever had children, it would have to be those of a dead/incapable friend or family member, and I would be their guardian, not father. I am, however, hoping my brother has children, and I want to be a godfather, but a stranger's child is a no-go for me. I wouldn't use a surrogate; the idea of it makes me uncomfortable. I don't think I'd enjoy being a father, but I would like to be an uncle/godfather. Of course, this may well change in the next decade or two.

8. MrBrightside

I really really want kids. Not yet of course, but i cant see a future without kids.

That said i wouldnt have kids if i was with a guy, id have to be settled with a girl. So ill have to settle with a girl one day :slight_smile:

9. DelFelidae

Absolutely! I love kids. I think if I could I'd have at least 2, a boy and a girl. Maximum of 3.

10. Foxface

I am not interested. I got lucky and found a partner who feels the same

Foxface

11. yidnah87

I have absolutely no interest in having kids. I am not willing to take on all of the responsibilities of being a parent. I see no benefit of raising kids. I also would not want to pass on my genetics due to my personal and family history of depression. Yes, I know I could adopt, but I'm not up for that either.

12. EddyG

already got them and they're great! Worth having gone in the closet for the first 12 years of my marriage -- though I should have come out soon after the birth of my second born. I love being a dad and I can't imagine not having my kids.

13. Kenny207

For me, it would really depend on if my other half wants kids or not...

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's strange, in the case of heterosexual relationships, I wouldn't mind, if that's what she wanted, yet when imagining a future with a man, I see no appeal in the idea at all. In a future alone, I wouldn't mind mind raising adopted or foster kids.

15. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Yes, 1 or 2

16. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not at all.

17. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Unfortunately I can't stand children until the age of around 10, depending on their maturity level. I was 10 when I started maturing up quite a lot, and at age 12/13 I could speak online and people would assume I was 18+!
    I don't like immature people in general, so children are a big no-no to me. Luckily, my girlfriend agrees.

18. kumawool

It depends completely on my partner, though I'm leading on "Yes".

The opportunity to give a child the happy life it took me so long to have, to be there for someone, to be a rather authoritive friend to someone for life ---- and all at the cost of treating someone right, well of course. It would be something wonderful.

At the same time, I could live without ever raising a child, but if my future partner should suddenly said, "So, I've always wondered about having children...wondering what you think...?" I would be all over that. :slight_smile:

19. JPC

JPC Guest

I really don't know. Part of me really, really does want to be a father one day. But, I could only ever imagine having them with a woman in a traditional family style setting, as I would really want to have children biologically. Obviously, being gay, that won't happen.
    I just can't see myself bringing up kids within a gay relationship (Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just don't think it's for me) It would be too complicated. Adoption is so complicated and surrogacy is insanely expensive, also with surrogacy you have the 'which one of us donates' problem.
    I think I've just talked myself out of having kids right there.

20. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to have kids, after I find that special someone to settle down with. Ideally, I'd carry them too, but unless they find a way to make ectopic pregnancies relatively safe, that ain't gonna happen.