1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you want kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Jan 22, 2012.

?

do you want kids?

1. Yes

142 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I don't know/Maybe so..

89 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Already got 'em!

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. TraceElement

I take care of enough people with the mentality of kids. No thank you.

2. timo

3. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

As Michael Buckley said, "Have you seen how I treat my Dogs?"

4. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would like to have them one day but i just fear of being a failure as a father and that fear is currently stronger than the desire to become a dad.

5. GayJay

I would like to have 3 in the future. But then i would prefer sons but the fact i cant choose does put me off. That sounds really bad...

6. fireworks

fireworks Guest

I'd really love to adopt a child when I'm older. Someone in need of a good family, maybe even with difficulties. There's more of a story behind that, but it would just be so rewarding. I dunno, i'm young yet, but the idea of having my own biological child has never appealed to me so much as helping a child who really needs it.

7. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I would never want to be pregnant or giive birth to a child. Why would I want to make more babies when there are already so many out there who need homes; people to take care of them. I DEFINITELY am considering adoption when I'm older:slight_smile:

8. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For allot of things my feeling is "never say never"...
    but in the case of kids, that one is simply "never"

9. Hiems

I'm on the fence when it comes to having kids. My nephews and nieces are adorable yet difficult to handle when they fight >_<

If I do have kids, I would want only one or two, maximum.

10. lewis15

I definitely want kids when I get married someday,, I want 2,, I want a boy, to play baseball and run like me, then a girl, so I can do her hair everyday and dress her up all cute. :slight_smile: I want them both to be musically talented like me too! But in the end, whatever my children end up doing or being would make me happy. :slight_smile:

11. Neutrality

I'm not 100% sure, but I lean towards yes....but first I'd need to find my Mr Right to raise them with. =)

12. justjade

Eeeexactly! :icon_bigg

13. Hrantou

Yes! But not right now. I'm too much of a mess xD Eventually

14. justjade

Having kids? No. Don't think so. I have the capacity to bear children, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I don't see myself as ever being a mother. I'm not a nurturing person, plus I have a fear of babies. They cry when I touch them, although it can be argued that they cry because my hands are cold and not because they can smell fear.

Adopting kids? Yeah, that's more my speed, especially since then I wouldn't be putting all the strain on my body of being pregnant. And, hey, if we adopt kids, that would be easier for me. Again, babies....:confused:

Things may change. I'm not sure. I'm pretty young. I've got time. Besides, going back to what Ethan said, my life is not fully established yet. I'm starting out. I am not ready in more ways than one, but if someday, I did have/adopt kids, I'd want to get two or three. I think it's psychologically healthier for kids to have siblings. I wouldn't want to stop at one, I don't think. Kids are kind of like potato chips, as I've noticed. People can't have just one. I think people around where I live take the potato chip metaphor a little too far, though. They can't just stop at one. They've gotta have like....the whole bag. :confused:

---------- Post added 21st May 2013 at 02:00 PM ----------

My thoughts exactly! :icon_bigg

15. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I am only young but I am pretty sure I want kids.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if I was straight, I wouldn't want kids. My brother and his autism/behavioral problems put us through hell on earth. And because I'm gay, my future husband and I would have to adopt, which runs about $50,000 per child. No matter what Angelina Jolie and MaDonna might make it look like, it's not that easy to just run over to China and bring back a kid.

17. EyesNeverLie

I think I might want kids. When I was a lot younger, I wanted kids for sure but now.. I'm not sure.

If I do want kids, I would give birth to my first child and then I would adopt a second child.

But for now, the only children I have are my dog and cat. Haha.

18. Britishskittles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I could be persuaded either way I think depending on the women I end up with and what she wants , I never want to be pregnant though so id like to adopt or she can carry the baby/babies.

19. antje

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I became rich and got a big house out in the woods with a big yard, maybe. Otherwise, kids are stressful and way too active. Like flubber. They'll break everything, run around your house, but they're cute.

20. FruitFly

I do not think I want to birth a child, but I want children. I really do, I get these great feelings of womb longing resulting in me thinking about whether or not I'll ever be in a secure enough position with a strong enough support network to actually have children. I love children, and I love caring for them, watching them grow into independent adults, and just the whole parenting thing.

I have yet to meet someone who feels the same way about adopting though, so we'll see. I'm not sure how I'd feel being in a relationship with someone who didn't want children, or did not want to adopt.