1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you want kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rooni321, Jan 22, 2012.

?

do you want kids?

1. Yes

142 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. No

64 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I don't know/Maybe so..

89 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Already got 'em!

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Caoimhe Fayre

I wants LOTS of children!!! One day... *sigh* have to find a partner first, one who at least wouldn't mind a house full of children... by lots I mean between 3 and 6, maybe more if they are spread out a little in age. I want my own biological children, my partner's biological children, AND I want to foster kids or adopt one day, too. I want it all!! :slight_smile:

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go through baby fever a couple times every month, I can't have a child on my own so we'll probably adopt <3

3. Aielar

Someday, yes, I think. Still not entirely sure if I want children yet, but either way it isn't something I want at the moment: still trying to figure out what I should do my with my life lol.

4. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I am going to have kids. I will do what I have to to make it happen. Non-negotiable.

Assuming I don't have one already that I don't know about....

5. amigay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not sure :/

6. laras

100% yes, I daydream of feeling the struggle of raising a child. Loosing sleep when they are a baby, having them go with me everywhere. Raise them around different cultures and teach them. I know ill have more than 1 but not sure until it happens how many. It will happen :slight_smile:

7. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Within the last month I've completely changed my mind on this. I really want kids and a husband and a big house and all that stuff. I would still only adopt though, and not do surrogacy, because I have problems with expecting somebody to be pregnant for you and then just go away. Also, I think it's illegal here...

8. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can't see myself as a dad, so no.

9. Toony

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope.
    Even when I was a kid, I would swear that I'd never be a mother and refused to touch any baby dolls.

I don't really like being around kids for prolonged amounts of time(They can be adorable, but...in small doses!), and I don't like being responsible for anything more demanding than a cat.

And, above all, I want the freedom to follow my dreams and do as I please without having to worry about how it would affect another life.

10. Deaf Not Blind

i am not baby crazy, my best friend of over a decade notices that. she still tried by sticking her baby in my arms to maybe try to make me want to have em?

what she don't know is i do WANT kids, i just don't plan to be having them...i want to be a daddy!

my dream of course is to wake up magically completely wholly male, and so my ideal would be i could just get my girl pregnant, right? oh well. maybe another way.

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

ps. i note that 17 and 18 year olds say no. But so did i at that age, i was not interested in sex either! i wanted to be asexual and watch cartoons. i expect that after a career, many of the no votes will change to maybe or yes and only a few remain no.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really do not want any kids. I am not good at dealing with babies. I also do not want to be pregnant.
    If I ever get a serious girlfriend and she wants to have children, then I would probably cave in. I don't want to have children myself though.

12. Peanuts

I'm really not sure. I love kids but I haven't experienced the hellish side of children yet. I want time to focus on my education, career and hobbies first, but I think life would be rather lonely if it was only myself and my partner. But, I would consider adopting kids later on in life, possibly in my 30s.

13. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an adopted son - he's 37 now and I'm only 16 years older than him but he still calls me Dad and I'm also a very proud grandfather.

I learned a lot about myself as a person through being a father and I love the fact that he now does a lot of the things I did with him with his own children - visits to museums, zoos, the seaside - the simple things in life like friends and good food and music.

I'm very glad I am a Dad and wouldn't have missed it for the world.

14. LailaForbidden

In the distant future, yes. But i really can't imagine it right now.

15. SunSparks

OMG! If I don't have kids, my life will be meaningless... I want lots of them! I was thinking like 6... obviously, I'll have to see how the first few go. Adopting is the way to go - at least for me. I love them, I love them, I love them!

16. julia

I'm not so sure.... I hate, hate kids, can't stand them right now during this point of my life, but I have no clue what I'll want in, let's say, 8 years from now. I rather just focus on my career and wife/girlfriend.

17. Swim2Fly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I brought a doll to pre-school for show-and-tell, my mommy told me that having a doll just meant that I'd be a loving, caring daddy someday. She didn't mention anything about having to have a wife, in retrospect...

So yes, I want to be a loving, caring daddy. I'll work out the details when the time is appropriate, maybe in 10 years or so.

18. spellbound

spellbound Guest

yes! i want 3 kids... hopefully twin girls and a boy. twins are heratetary... if you were a twin, there's like 70% chance you'll have twins. so yepp, i want kids

19. GingerGuy

I don't want kids. They would not add anything to my life, and instead bring even more stress and responsibility. Unless someone finds a way for two men to pass their genes together to the next generation, I am out.

Of course, I know this choice is going to bring a lot of social opposition.

20. timo

I'm 120% sure that I'll never have kids. I can't stand them, they annoy me SO MUCH. Especially the younger ones, but after being young they hit puberty so they're a pain in the ass again. Basically I feel like having kids is wasting at least 18 years of my life to be able to raise them. Years I'd rather use (and also the money it costs to raise a kid) to do things that are actually fun/useful/make me happy.

If I would be dating someone who definitely does want kids I'd end it right there. I'm glad my parents decided to have children (yes, most times I love my life) but I don't want to be a father.