1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want any children?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quietisviolent, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know. I would like to be a father, but I know how much of an impact children can have on a career. It'd be hypocritical of me to want to be a parent without wanting to have the responsibilities of primary caregiver.

At least I don't have to think about it seriously for well over a decade.

2. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Since the question is directed to gender non conforming people, I don't know whether my answer counts but yes I'd like to have kids, n most preferably would want to adopt, there is nothing like giving a good life to a child! I don't mind surrogacy either so maybe 3 children :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 2 through surrogacy and one adopted?
    That said my gender isn't set in stone either , n I've always enjoyed the idea of being the mother to a child rather than a father , so I did for sometime wonder how to get my children to call me motherly names like mom or mama , etc, still haven't figured that one out yet!
    Anyway since you asked the question in relation to gender dysphoria , I'd like to tell you that if it triggers dysphoria then go for surrogacy! Someone else can bare your child ! N it will still turn up to look like you :slight_smile:

3. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eventually. But not now. I want to adopt since I was adopted. I dont know how good of a parent Id be other than telling my kid "Hey we dont hit people!" as I smack him upside the head.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. No kids for me.

5. mituaski

mituaski Guest

I'm keeping an open mind. If I did have kids, I would most definitely adopt.

There are too many kids out there who are growing up without parents. Why bring another life into the world when there's so many other children who need a home?

6. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes.

I must point out tho, this isn't the same as asking "Will you have kids?" for which I don't know the answer.

#46 RawringSnake, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  7. HeraldofSithis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I actually want 3 kids, a boy, a girl and lastly a boy. I'm going to be one of those parents who push their kids to excel from an early age, because I want them to be even better than I am, as my parents did for me and my sister.

8. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am absolutely adopting. I don't even know if it's because of dysphoria (because I don't experience that often or severely) or just general anxiety, but the idea of being pregnant makes me want to curl up in a ball, shake, and hurl. But I love kids. I want a family and I want to be a parent, always have. And, additional bonus to adopting, I don't have to wait for a decent enough man to show up!

Thankfully I know for certain that in Canada, gender, relationship status, and sexuality are not barriers to adoption. :slight_smile:

#48 CJliving, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  9. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

I have never wanted children. I have no idea why.

10. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YES! I want 2 or 3 kids (dont care if adopted or through surrogacy). I want little playmates when I am old :grin:

11. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally enjoy helping kids, but not taking care of them. For example, I would love to be a teacher, but never a mother.

However, the foster system is far from perfect and have thought on several occasions of being a foster parent.

12. WeirdWhovian

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't want biological children but maybe I'll adopt. I'd just prefer to just have pets though.

13. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes :slight_smile: Two, a boy and a girl. Maybe I'll adopt a few other, older kids as well as wards or something. (Is that what you call them?) I know a lot of older kids are overlooked by parents who are adopting, and they probably wouldn't want to treat me like a mum, so I wouldn't want to put them under any pressure to call me their parent or anything :slight_smile:

14. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family has owned over a dozen dogs over the years and several cats - they're much easier to look after than children. Puppies are a handful, but dogs grow up quicker than children. Parents often help their children well into adulthood but dogs won't be around for longer than 15 years if they're lucky. It's definitely not the same. If people have children and dogs, the welfare of the children will obviously take utmost priority.

At the moment my mother has a pug - it's the lowest-maintenance animal in the world. It mostly sleeps and eats. She also has three cats - who do the same, more or less. They have a crazy hour where they run around or scratch sofas and dart from room to room with their ears behind their heads (absolutely hilarious btw), but otherwise they're pretty mellow.

#54 imnotreallysure, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  15. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nope.
    I don't plan of settling down with anyone, let alone have children.

16. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably not. As far as biological children goes, absolutely not. That would require dealing with hormones that I react really badly to, not being able to take the meds that keep me from being suicidal, and dealing with dysphoria on top of that. Plus even being stuck overhearing female relatives talk about pregnancy and childbirth makes me sick. And I don't think I'd want to pass on my genes. Things like depression run in the family, and I would never wish that on another human being.

Adopting, I could consider, I guess. I generally think I don't want kids, but there are occasional moments when I think about how I'd raise them or traditions I'd pass on to them if I did have kids. I am terrified of babies though, so it would probably be bad for me to adopt a baby. Toddlers are the youngest human beings I can handle. For now, I am content with my dog, who demands enough of my attention as is.

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    eh. Not really. I imagine I could be talked into adopting though.

18. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hell no! I've already stated that to my parents that I never want kids my mom doesn't seem to care my dad seemed kind of disappointed but what I do to change his mind is whenever we're at the store I point out a screaming kid and then he shuts up about it.

Also when people ask me if I want kids I have no problem telling them off! Let me show you some examples of what I say:

Me: I don't want kids!
    Cousin: but who will take care of you when your older?
    Me: the same person who will take care of you. A nice young nurse in a white dress.
    I mean cmon just because you have kids doesn't mean they'll take care of you.

Me: I don't want kids
    Dad: that's kinda selfish
    Me: no it isn't! Having kids you don't want is selfish
    Also when we're at the store I point out a screaming kid and that pretty much shuts him up

Mom: no problem!

Random person: oh you'll change your mind!
    Me: really? Because if that's what you think you clearly don't know anything about me!

Another random person: why not?
    Me: because I really don't have the patience for them and they drive me crazy!

It's not that I hate kids it's just that I really don't want any.

19. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, I know what that's like. My mother is deadset on me having kids and she just doesn't seem to get that it's just not going to happen. One, I hate kids, and two, being a transguy, the idea of having biological children (which is what she wants) makes me want to beat my head into a wall. She's always making remarks like "but you have to give me little genius grandbabies"... [​IMG]

I know she means it as a joke, but she really doesn't realize that me having kids is never happening. She's got two daughters (one who, conveniently, already has a boyfriend) and another son who can give her grandkids, but this guy is not interested.

#59 ThatBorussenGuy, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm an only child but still feel no pressure. Oh another thing I got to mention since I'm an only child I've heard the "but would about continuing the bloodline" well honestly I don't really care I still have cousins (1 already has a baby, even though on my dads side I'm the only one with the last name) but for me I have never wanted kids and I've known since I was 11 that I didn't want any.