1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think the Democratic Party is too liberal?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Alexander, Jul 2, 2009.

?

The Democratic Party is...

1. ...a bit too conservative

44.4%
  2. ...a bit too liberal

7.4%
  3. ...much too conservative

29.6%
  4. ...much too liberal

3.7%
  5. ...just right

14.8%
  1. Alexander

It would be wonderful if you could respond to this poll for me. I'm leaving the whole thing very ambiguous in terms of words used, so just answer to the best of your perceptions. :]

P.S. - This is the US Democratic Party that I am referring to. ;]

#1 Alexander, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. Shevanel

Just a bit. But the thing about Democracy is that there needs to be a balance. But I don't like political parties, we all should've listened to George Washington =/

3. In the U.S.? Oh heaven no. The Democrats are more centrist if anything. To be honest, I don't really think America knows what actual liberalism is.

4. Alexander

Hence the ambiguity of the question. :]

5. Well yeah I figured. But compare our Democrats with the left wing of most other countries, and the difference is glaring. That's why I said it.

6. dude99

dude99 Guest

Well the democratic party of the USA is more conservative than the leftist in my country for sure.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Way too liberal - then again, I am a registered republican. The republican party is too conservative though.

I am extremely pro-small-government, although I have liberal values.

8. Alexander

i.e. libertarian. <3

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Ya, I consider myself that a lot...I just don't agree with that party's philosophy on welfare.

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

When it comes to gay rights, they still don't seem to get it. As for the Republicans they are worse on gay rights though.

11. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

I think that democrats are to liberal and i lean more towards the republican side in the fact that i believe in little to no gov intervention and that are gov power should be limited

12. Just Adam

i think they are to conservative .... they need a more open tollerant way :slight_smile:

13. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I'm not from the USA but as far as I know they're not really liberal compared to the Republicans. Hence the decay of a democracy consisting mainly of two parties which are not substantially different.

14. Nitro

What kind of liberalism does this poll refer to? The only thing that holds neo-liberalism, classic liberalism, social liberalism together are how individual liberty and equality are their goal. Rule of law, separation of church and state, protections against unreasonable use of power such as indefinite arrest without charge, and so on are the principles that most liberals will uphold. As long as the Patriot Act, foreign regime changes, and discrimination for gender identity or orientation, [list could perhaps go on more] are considered fact or encouraged, the Democratic Party is too conservative.

15. mattypants

indeed
    we wernt supposted to "go there", yet here we are

16. Garrett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They are more centrist than anything! While there are a few liberal politicians, on the whole they all need to be more liberal.