1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like your body?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MadDog, Nov 21, 2017.

1. MadDog

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Self love is being promoted a lot nowadays
    Body image is changing, and everywhere you look the is some post about loving your body the way it is. Well i think it's great and powerful

But I also think instead of saying "love what you have" we should say "it is okay to have insecurities" and everyone has them! Even models and people who are perfect in our eyes.

Don't feel guilty about your insecurities.. it's okay, it's part of being human.

I am insecure about my nose, my eyes, my fingers, my shoulders, my armpits and my body weight.

But i love my hair, my lips, my boobs, my skin, my cheeck bones, my eyebrows, my legs and i really like my arm hair! I know it sounds weird but i like it :slight_smile:)

What are your insecurities?
    And what do you love about yourself?

2. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m insecure about my gut, my face, and my penis. I like my legs, my beard, and my butt

3. Markieg64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I' insecure about my gut and penis everything else not bad my butt could be a bit more pert :relaxed::relaxed:

4. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess a lot of us are insecure about our penises

5. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm insecure about my smile, skin color (I think I'm too pale although others tell me that I'm not) and beard (I hate the fact that I cannot grow a full beard :worried: genetics sometimes sucks), but I like my hair, eyes and face shape. Everything else is quite okay.

6. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe you will be able to grow a beard eventually. I couldn’t til my late 30s

7. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think this is a great stance :slight_smile: I've been learning about self compassion. One of the things I've learn is the difference in benefits of self esteem vs self compassion. Self esteem lets you feel good but only if you succeed or meet some standard. Whereas self compassion acknowledges we're good and everyone falls short, you can feel good about being imperfect because it's a shared common experience.

I can get insecure about the shape of my breasts and bum, my thighs and biceps, weight/folds, my vulva, dark circles under my eyes, a very small wart on my nose, strech marks, my angry looking eyebrows, hair in odd places lol, BO because my teenage body wasn't kind and that's something I still worry about even though it's not an issue anymore.

I like my eyes, nose, smile, my face in general, hands, feet, skin, hair, my tall frame, overall bone structure, the softness of my body, my legs, and ironically my breasts and curves. Moreover the fact I have a fairly healthy, mobile body.

8. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Physically - Not always. Being black, I wish I were white/lighter skinned. I wish I were more masculine looking at times. I hate how I look like a child sometimes. I'm not transgender/have gender dysphoria, but I do wish I were born a cis woman sometimes. I hate my high childish speaking voice.

I do like how I have a youthful body at other times. People think I'm 12, and I'm 27. I learned to like my body at times. I like how I like to do gymnastics, dancing, aerobics all that. I like how scrawny my arms are like a stick figure, yet my legs are quite nice. I have nice calves. I learned to love to hate my speaking voice.

Mentally - Not usually. I do wish I were straight sometimes. I wish I didn't have a womanly attitude. I wish I were more friendly with my emotions. I'm trying not to curse as often.

I do like my sense of humor. I like my knowledge on a lot topics people would never think I would know. I don't know.

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ignoring secondary sex characteristics, I've considered rhinoplasty in the past, and for a long time, was upset about not being able to gain weight. You could also say I'm "flat" in certain areas...

What do I like? My hair, my skin, my eyes, my height, my health. Having qualities that make me seem younger than I am, or "different" from the Anglo population is both a blessing and a curse.

10. redsky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree with what you wrote; I think we should all show more acceptance towards our bodies. Beauty standards can be very toxic and can give us the impression that we should look a certain way that might even (genetically or anatomically) not be possible for us and unhealthy.

I am insecure about my thighs, my vulva and my tummy hair

I like my freckles in summer, my nose, my boobs, my arms and my ears

11. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a great idea for a post. I think the thing driving problems body image is that the media constantly pushes the super thin/muscular look in advertising and film. This in turn drives those of us who aren't so genetically gifted into feeling bad about our bodies.

As far as my insecurities go the main ones are that I'm slowly going bald and I have bad eyesight. Not much I can do about the former, though once the balding has progressed enough I could just shave it all off. I could fix my eyesight when I save up enough to get lasik done. Other than those two everything else is more or less good.

Things I like about myself: My blue eyes, that my olive skin tone gives me a nice tan, and that I'm overall healthy.

#11 Elendil, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  12. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am learning to.

What I love about my body:
    My sea blue eyes, strong upper body from swimming, and musician hands.

What I'm a bit insecure about:
    Face shape, belly chub (I love sugar too much to ever have a six pack), and pencil thin legs.

13. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say that overall, I do. It has its quirks: my eyes are too far apart, my ass is too flat, I'm far too thin, and being mistaken for younger can be less of an asset than you'd think (though my recent trend of having stubble eliminates that problem to some degree). But I've come to appreciate more now than I ever have before. I love my blue eyes, my small nose, my "friendly look" (so it's been described to me), and to be perfectly honest, I like the fact that I'm not so tall or so big. Being smaller fits more with my personality and how I present myself. It's the only body I've got, so I better learn to like it :grin:

14. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My weight (too fat), my height (too tall), the lack of ability to grow facial hair that doesn't look terrible, and most of all... I always look sad. I cannot make myself look happy short of laughing so hard I can't breathe. Anything less than that and I look miserable all the time, I seriously don't even know how to smile (it just looks like a creepy failure when I try)...

There have been multiple times where a complete stranger approached me about my sad look. Once a Nun came up to me in a restaurant, said I have "sad eyes" and proceeded to pray for me and give me a blessing right in the middle of the restaurant. Another time someone who introduced themselves as a suicide hotline counselor thought I looked suicidal.

I know they were just trying to help, but there is really no worse feeling for a sad person than random people commenting on how sad you look.

I don't really "love" anything, but the thing I dislike least I guess would be my hair, it has a pretty nice brown color and good texture to it.

#14 Niagara, Nov 21, 2017
  15. Markieg64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yet you proberly right there :thumbsup:

16. skroala

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    to be honest the only thing that I like in my body are my eyes.. I guess that my dysphoria is kicking me hard

17. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have nice hair I guess... that's literally it.

I think I might look a little better if I weren't near-flat chested, bony, and ridiculously tall. I'm like a living 1950's vampire caricature. Can practically see my skeleton.

I guess the pale skin doesn't help, but I'm actually okay with that.

#17 Kira, Nov 21, 2017
  18. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sometimes you just have to let what the people in this world thinks go

And just love who you are

19. MadDog

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it horrible that i laughed at your nun story?
    I have this friend who has a baby face ( I'm talking real baby) and these kind of incidences happened to him a lot and he was sad about it. But now he made a whole stand up comedy career out of it..
    And i thought to myself you can maybe do that too cause the thought of a real sad looking person telling hilarious stories is pretty funny

20. Quatscher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't especially like my body. It's not awful, but not to my taste.

But experience has taught me not to worry about it. I am often amazed at how sexy other people find my body—my husband included. What I regard as thunder-thighs, he thinks are long, powerful legs.

No matter who you are, you're sexy to somebody!