1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you introduce your boyfriends to your straight guy friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ringu20, Jun 17, 2017.

1. ringu20

I am asking the question to gay guys. Do you introduce your boyfriends to your straight guy friends? Do you show affection to your boyfriend when you are with straight guy friends?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ringu20,

I know you specified a response from gay guys in your original post, but you may be missing out on something if you don't include Bi guys like me.

I've never actually had a boyfriend yet and I'm older (51) so maybe I'm just more comfortable with who I am than perhaps you might be. Most of my straight friends are former-military, but I wouldn't have any problem at all introducing them to a boyfriend. As far as PDA goes, I guess that's more of a personal preference issue, but I would have no problem with hand-holding, hugging, and occasional kissing in front of my straight friends.

Just my thoughts.

#2 Quantumreality, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  3. Justinian20

If I had a boyfriend, I wouldn't be scared to introduce him to my straight guy friends and also be affectionate to my boyfriend in front of them. Like I wouldn't be scared to kiss my boyfriend in front of them.

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I was out to everyone I would have no problem with PDA, it's not like you will want to hang around homophobic people once you are out anyways.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When i was dating, i did it. I even kissed my boyfriend near my friends a few times.

After all, they are my friends. Why would i hide my happiness from them? If they disliked it, then they wouldn't be worthy as friends. But that wasn't the case, they never had any problem with me or my boyfriend.

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which actually emphasizes an extremely significant point for me. You CHOOSE your friends. So, if anyone around you is unaccepting of you and/or the LGBTQ community, in general, WHY would you want to keep them around as friends?

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hella, yeah!:slight_smile:

8. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely. Many of my straight male friends are actually pretty openly envious of our relationship.

9. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I have introduced my boyfriends to my straight friends and they have done the same with me. In fact, I remember this one time an ex and I were at this dinner party of a couple of his straight friends who were engaged to be married and all of a sudden, they inquired about us showing affection for one another. What they were saying is that they never saw either of us display affection towards one another. At that moment, my boyfriend looked at me with this devilish grin on his face and grabbed me and we went at it right in front of everyone in attendance. He even went so far as to stick his hands down my pants while I gripped his ass which got a round of whistles and applause. Imagine that!!! haha

10. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually jealous.

11. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt like it was always too difficult to have this conversation with my straight guy friends.

Some of the first people I came out too were my fraternity brothers and I feel, in hindsight, I did not approach it the right way. I was drunk for most of the coming out conversations, sometimes did by groupme or texts, or awkwardly brought it up at random times.

I think most of the brothers were accepting, but because I was so shy about talking about it or bringing it up it kind of became a untouchable subject w/ most of them. The brothers closer to me in age were also weirder around me once i told them, the younger brothers were more accepting and were more likely to address the elephant in the room.

I only had one sexual experience with a guy and he was very uncomfortable being in the fraternity house, so there were no introductions w/ the brothers or other friends lol.

When I talked about girls I feel like the brothers thought I was forcing the convo or was being insincere. I don't think a lot people really get what bisexuality is, but I also was never clear to my friends if I was bi or gay. They just know I'm not straight.