1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you flirt without realising?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DanielSmith, Aug 18, 2014.

1. thekillingmoon

Doesn't happen a lot, most of the time I'm too uncomfortable around people to flirt with them. Maybe very subtly when I get along with someone well and they seem to react positively to me. I'm very cautious about accidentally flirting with guys though. I don't want them to get the wrong impression that I'm interested in them like that.

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same. The few times I somehow had no self-consciousness I was totally shameless. Hopefully when you loosen up it will be easy for you. It's a lot of fun, when you aren't leading people on too bad.

3. maselalala

Occasionally

4. the haunted

Ah, yes. I'm just a silly, giggly person. I play tease everyone and I don't pay much attention to people's personal space.

5. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it happens with me a lot idk maybe cause i act without caring although i dont always flirt with people i want to be just friends with even though they are really attractive
    i flirt with guys without knowing and sometimes i hold eye contact too long i either smile or walk by walking slowly and getting closer a little shaking my body and walking like a sexy beast i might also flirt with words and it happens too often
    god i think im really a perv i feel bad about myself T_T

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Nah, I'm always flirting but I'm well aware of it.

And apparently I'm good with words, because those who are okay with liking people like me tend to respond back in a positive manner.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I do but I wouldn't call it flirting . Many men have mistaken me being friendly for flirting , or them having a chance with me , they will take a smile as oh she likes me or a hug as oh she likes me ,when I just see them as a friend and the hug is just a hug of friendship . After I realized this I do not hug men anymore ,now I just do high fives now with guys plus I use to feel uncomfortable hugging them after some of them had developed a crush . I also worry that if I kept up with the hugging and I started dating another woman it would annoy her and I don't want her to think I'm flirting with men . I also hug women I'm friends with to and have no romantic interest in but their straight .

8. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In a predominantly non hugger culture hugs are so often taken as more friendly than they actually are. Hugz 4 lyfe. (*hug*)

9. wdtgg

Out Status:
    A few people
    I do flirt without realising it, specially with someone I sense we share similar interests (and we do), it's pretty unconscious, and I usually refrain to take it further because I tend to fear I'd be rejected even when the other person is flirty with me too.

10. BiPenguin

Yes, I do. I didn't think I did but it has been pointed out to me.

11. One Man Army

I tend to mock-insult people once I feel comfortable with them. Could this be seen as flirting? Probably.

12. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Yes, it happens a lot haha.

13. Hexagon

Just saying... how am I supposed to know I'm doing something if I don't realise I'm doing it.

14. sugarcubeigloo

I don't think so. I feel like I try it would sound like...

[​IMG]

I just see people and think, "we can be friends!" People might take that as flirting... I dunno. I just like being friendly.

I've been told by my friends when people flirt with me, but in my head I can't imagine someone actually thinking of me in that way. I always assume that they're just nice or probably just having a good day (which is probably the case - and my friends are overreacting).

15. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The amount of awkward and unintentional flirting that I did and still to a point do with a person that I have feelings for is quite funny.

16. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the fricken time -_- Gets me in some trouble sometimes, but I don't even realize I do it...it just happens!

17. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I don't realise but people say I flirt...around women (because by and large I'm not 'one of them obvious gayers' Don't go there) Reality is I'm just having a laugh

Then I get near a gay guy and I go all shy and pathetic. Pathetic being appropriate word.

18. ClimbHikeBike

Me too :frowning2: My self-confidence isn't great in that department. And I'm too self-conscious to flirt anyway even if I am attracted to someone :frowning2: I need to work on this.

19. tulipinacup

It honestly irritates me tbh because I really have no intention in flirting and suddenly people would call out on me for flirting with this person and I'm like..I am? and when someone is talking to me, they tell me that that person is flirting on me and I'm like....he is? Idk, I think sometimes people equate niceness to flirting.

20. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last night, I rang a help line for lgbt folk, and the counsellor and I ended up talking for about an hour and a half. I kind of hinted a few times he might have other callers waiting, but he was happy to keep chatting. :icon_bigg Although he discharged his duty of some professional distance throughout, there were a few moments when, with mutual laughter, a bit of harmless and unintentional flirting went on. I liked the sound of his voice and couldn't help myself. When I told him how, although I will always practice safe sex etc, and that in any case I'm seeking a relationship rather than just casual sex, that when I go out dancing, I enjoy giving the occasional guy a cheeky smile, and that I enjoy feeling like I'm 'a little slut', he said "well I think you're a good little slut", to which I replied rather coquettishly, "why, thank you!" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: He ended up giving me lots of helpful advice, support and referrals for real-life counsellors also, but I just couldn't help flirting even with him, just a little. teehee.