1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find yourself attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sugarcubeigloo, May 25, 2013.

1. LinkLarkin

I know which one my money's on! From personal experience, at least...

2. panem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i used to, i'd even say admit it to people (though i say it in a kind of a jokey tone)

now my self esteem has gone down A LOT and no, i don't and it really frustrates me

3. Tim

Tim

Haha, the latter for me.

I probably never will though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I think most people are just inclined to not like themselves because of society.

4. Night

Night Guest

I have my flaws but I have my pros. I'm very middle of the road.

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Physically, I guess I'd consider myself reasonably attractive for someone my age, in a somewhat quirky kind of way. I will never stop traffic, but I'm much more confident and have a big, friendly smile, and a lot of times that's all that matters.

On the personality side, though, I'm hit or miss, and am much more comfortable in print than in person. When I post, I can gather my thoughts and make them organized and witty and focused. In person I might be very quick and funny, or I might be very awkward and shy and uncomfortable. In print, I feel like a big shiny old Cadillac rapidly getting to a nice cruising speed. In person, I feel like a rusty Studebaker with a bad clutch, and if you hit the gears just right, I'm totally "on", but I'm much more likely to grind the gears and stall out here and there.

And yes, I realize the Studebaker reference (and likely the bad clutch one too) is probably lost on about 90% of the people on this thread! Damn....

6. FranklinK

No, I still see myself as anorexic and awkward looking when I look in the mirror. Even when I model something feels off. I don't think I look at all like my pictures, even though everyone says I do.

Some stuff is almost impossible to let go of. My therapist told me that pursuing the modeling thing would really help and it has tremendously, but I still struggle with body dysmorphia daily.

7. LinkLarkin

I feel your pain struggling with body dysmorphia (*hug*) if it makes you feel any better, I can tell just from your avatar that you're far more attractive than I ever could be.

8. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I think personality wise I'm decent but looks is where I fail. :frowning2:

9. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I try to stay positive about how I look so I like to dress the way I want to dress and I've recently bleached my hair and style it now, plus I got rid of my glasses. Little things like that really help! Sometime I find myself attractive, other days I really don't!

10. Hrantou

Looks wise? Yes. Ok not like brad pitt hot but I think I look good. I think I have a good face and nice hair and great legs. The problem is the middle section. Its a bit round...but I sorta like it, as weird as that may sound.

Personality wise I think I'm pretty good. Loyal, caring, romantic, curious are all traits that stand out. The problem is I can be a bit crazy..

But yeah, that's me in a nutshell.

11. Van

Van

Physically - no. There are so many things I would change in my looks... if I could.
    Personality wise - I used to think that my personality was fine, but I'm not so sure lately.

So... I guess my answer to this question is No.

12. FranklinK

Well, my therapist said that there are billions of people out there and everyone finds different things attractive - ultimately meaning that there are a group of people out there that will find each and every one of us the hottest person on earth. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder or so she said.

13. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd like think I'm attractive I mean to me I'm nothing special but I've gotten plenty of complements on my my eyes before (cause of their hazel brownishness) I guess...self confidence is something I'm working on really.

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I am when I look in the mirror, but then I see pictures. Ugh. That one in my profile pic is one of the very few decent ones of myself I've ever seen.

15. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. But I have self-esteem issues. But no.

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Must be, because you look really handsome to me. :slight_smile:

17. Evil Monkeyz

Flat out fat no for me. LAWL

I don't really get pulled in by looks though so even if I didn't have pimples/ freckles/ too much body fat/ such a freaking chest I'd probably say "no" or "I don't know". ><

Oh and my hair... I really hate my hair (which is actually the opposite of what others tell me). My hair is the one thing I might always hate because it's so :***: fluffy and curly and it stands out like a sore thumb in most crowds... oh and it's also a nightmare to brush unless it's wet. :tears:

18. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always figured I was average, I always thought my sense of humor is what people find attractive.

19. Diego89

It depends on the day and many other factors. It's amazing how I can change my mind about it. Some days I'll look into the mirror and think damn I look good, nice face, tall, lean, nice tan and the next day I could be like f*ck, long nose, weird looking face, lanky and too dark-skinned. It doesn't help that I'm always struggling with my hair and rarely like what I do with it and this changes a lot the way my face looks like.

It also depends on the mirror as there are some that are nicer to me and some that absolutely hate me, like that one going down the stairs, I should smash the damn thing!

Oh yes and cameras in general hate me and I hate them back, I honestly think I'm just not photogenic but then I see the people around me in the pics and they look exactly like in real life so I suppose I do look kinda like that lol.

20. HEC

HEC

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning