1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find yourself attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sugarcubeigloo, May 25, 2013.

1. sugarcubeigloo

I'm just wondering if you find yourself attractive (both physically and personality-wise)? What would you like to look like? And does that affect who you look for in a partner?

I see a lot of posts about what we absolutely do/don't like in potential partners, I'm curious as to what you think about yourself.

Uhhh... as for me, meh, I'm alright. I'm not particularly attractive, but I can't say I hate how I look either. I'm proud of myself and I think my personality makes up for a lot. As for people I look for in terms of partners, I tend expect to find someone who looks about the same as me. I don't think I could ask for someone who has to be, let's say, muscular and not be willing to lift weights myself (which I don't lift weights, so I don't readily expect someone who looks like that :lol:slight_smile:.

Hopefully my question makes sense.

#1 sugarcubeigloo, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

No. Why do you ask?

3. sugarcubeigloo

:roflmao:

4. Hexagon

I think my personality is alright. I'd like to lose weight, gain muscle and be male.

5. Rexmond

I hate how I look, and don't find my self attractive. It does make me think that other men feel the same way, but a lot can change in say, 10 years time, so maybe I don't need to worry about it yet. I'm really skinny, and if I picture myself in another man's perspective, I believe I look useless.

Personality wise, at least that isn't so bad. I naturally try to help other people where I can, I am polite and honest. I wouldn't say I'm perfect, because I'm pretty lazy, but other than that I think I'd make a decent guy. I love to cuddle and compliment.

6. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Theres room for improvement but loving myself first so that people will get attracted to you more. I soo get your point..

#6 Garciano, May 25, 2013
  7. GayAndHappylol

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

Agreed.

8. Spurned

Spurned Guest

My personality's awful. I'm alright looking I guess but could lose some weight. Wish my chubby cheeks would disappear because my hair doesn't suit my face, but when I hid behind my long hair I was apparently "cold and not very approachable." Can never win, can ya? :lol:

9. Formality

I like my face. My body on the other hand is not perfect I'd say. However that has to do with me not being able to work out a lot lately. But I'm in a good position to get a better looking body. I would like to be more muscular I guess. People I find attractive are often similar to me in looks.

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

My personality is nice. I can be charming and I'm warm, kind and humourous, and I'm ambitious, so that's a nice quality. I'm pretty stupid intellectually but unfortunately I can't do much about it.

Looks-wise, it fluctuates. I definitely feel a lot better after losing a few kgs, and it's made me look a whole lot different (along with all 18 inches of my hair gone). I'd say some days I look cute, other days average, and occasionally gross/ugly. For the most part, I'm just an average looking guy. I wish I looked more masculine but hormones will help me out.

11. smartsunny

actually i dont think im that bad...

12. Just Jess

Physically, ugh no. Well some things. But I am having fun working on my appearance.

Personality? More and more every day. Just being able to be myself around other people has changed a lot about me. I used to be really defensive and aggressive just all the time because that's all I really knew. Now though, my confidence comes from inside a lot more and less from what people think about me, so I don't have to "win" arguments. I'm a lot nicer and more caring but I'm also a lot more able to stand up for myself and speak my mind. Actually I think I just talk more and enjoy being around people a lot more in general. Y'all aren't half bad after all.

13. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personality wise, I keep switching between extremes on this. Sometimes I think I'm great, other times I hate myself.

When it comes to looks, most of the time I'm oblivious to how I look. Pretty much every time I actually notice my looks, it's an unpleasant experience, but it's 50/50 whether it's 'I'm ugly' or 'I'm pretty and someone's going to rape me for sure'. I just can't win when it comes to looks - I get upset either way.:icon_sad:

14. JPC

JPC Guest

Some days I do, some days I don't.

15. Beware Of You

Not in the slightest

16. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

My personality is pretty awful. I have spongy boundaries, so I fluctuate between being completely rigid and letting people walk all over me. I suck at reading social cues and avoid people whenever possible. Also, spending most of my life with depression has caused me to not really have much personality. The two good things about me are that I am adaptable and learn new things quickly.

As far as looks go, I'm okay. I have a hard time connecting what I see in the mirror with myself, but I like what I see for the most part. I wish I were taller and leaner, and that my face wasn't so round. But I love that my body strikes just the right balance between feminine curviness and masculine sturdiness, so I appear neither rough nor fragile. I also quite like my hair, even though it does its own thing most days.

Would I say I'm attractive? Maybe to certain kinds of people, but my introversion is apparently so off-putting that no one has ever shown any interest in me. Or maybe they have, and I just couldn't tell (remembering what I said about not being able to read social cues).

17. Gen

Gen

Although I don't necessarily find myself attractive, I do believe that I am attractive. I say this because there are some physical characteristics I have that aren't usually what I find myself attracted to in a partner. Granted, I really don't have very static preferences anyway. I haven't always find myself attractive. I didn't have the most supportive or uplifting childhood experience for environmental and personal reasons. Though after a while of personal growth, that is all in the past now. My appearance has never had an connections to my attractions to others. Hell, my past attractions don't even really have any similarities with each other.

My only advice would be that you don't have to stand in front of a mirror like "Hey Sexy! ; )"(Though that is fun. ^_^). You will never look at yourself with the same attraction that you see in others. No sexual desire will commonly come of it. You won't find yourself falling for the man or woman in the mirror. Loving the way you look is only about finding contentment in who you are. Regardless of what society will think; regardless of whether you are the sexists suitor in the room; it's about making an effort to be joyful of who you are no matter the circumstances.

Muscles aren't everything. There are plenty of men, even muscular men, that would find you equally sexy without "12 pack abs". You are completely justified in being with any type of guy you could fancy.

Edit: Oh and personality wise, I don't know. I think I'm a pretty cool person. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#17 Gen, May 25, 2013
  18. DelFelidae

In terms of physically and personality, not now... Maybe one day.

19. Bolin

Nope. Granted, I feel a lot better about myself than I did a couple of years ago (which is major progress for me!), but I still don't think I'm attractive or anything.

20. Lakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't used to, but I do now. I look damn good for 49.