1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel lucky you are gay/bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Mind Freak

Yes and no.
    Yes I can appreciate males and females.

No because not as many people will like me as they would if I was straight... things just aren't as easy and I love for things to be easy. Lol.

2. revolutionrock

I guess in a way. I'm feel lucky to have the perspective it's given me... I think my mind is a lot more open than it would be given my situation. At the same time, it can feel like a huge burden.

3. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Some times yeah..I guess I just like being different. But other times it feels so crap I find it real hard at times mostly because of other peoples opinions.

4. jony8472

Lucky?

I don't know if I feel lucky I'm gay... it's just part of who I am.

It's not like I feel lucky I have blue eyes or brown hair, it's just me=)

5. Suede

Out Status:
    Some people
    Lucky..My life has been a shit-storm. Im an odd guy who digs antiquated technology and ole-school music. I dig pharms and herb. Lucky.. fuck me.. I dont know.

On a few ocassions when being hit on, i found it amusing to not care, well the same with fugly guys but...

Naw, I have never spent a decaded getting beaten by my parents, to have the hell of school, the near deacda of sexual insecurity. Id have prefered to been born straight and not have to have endured this. Or better yet, be born into a world where gay or straight, no one gave two shits and i couldve been , be, with boys no problem.

6. ok455

I guess sometimes i feel lucky being gay sometimes i hate it completely.

7. Bryan

well... most of the time I hate it, just because the whole coming out thing has been really difficult for me, but if I get drafted, I can always tell them I am gay, and then I wont have to serve, so I guess thats an upside.

8. IDK

Sometimes i feel the bad outweighs the good.

The worst thing for me is the whole stereotype of being gay, like when i told people i was gay they didnt believe me because i dont act like Chris Crocker:dry:

9. Bookmarked

It's a bit of a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I feel lucky that I'm a lot more open minded because I'm gay. Not quite -because- I'm gay, more because of the way society views me. I know what it's like to be genuinely hated for something that's a natural part of me, so I've got empathy for people in similar situations, I guess. On the other, I get the feeling that life would be less complicated if I was straight.

Then again, love and relationships are supposed to be complicated, so maybe I'm just not able to look at it from the other side of the tracks. It may have taken about 5-6 years to finally be happy about my sexuality, but I'm in a good place now and I think I'll stay where I am.

Short answer-Yes and no. Long answer-see above.

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Just as lucky as I am to have black hair.

11. Bookmarked

With hair like that you -are- lucky. *sigh*

Okay, I totally didn't mean for it to sound that bad. Honest.

12. rosiejuly3

Kind of.. I feel lucky because my sexuality doesnt confine me to one gender and since it does make me who I am and I dont think I would be me if I didnt go through some of the stuff that comes with being bi.
    Not lucky because yeah it is hard and yeah people can be mean and cruel. It would be so much easier to be straight, but I wouldnt trade being bi for being straight. :slight_smile:

13. eclipse

eclipse Guest

Well, I do I have some pride when it comes to my sexuality. I enjoy the "openness" I feel from it, and also don't think I could ever see myself as completely straight.

However, I'd wait to say that I'm lucky. Give it a generation or two, and then maybe the general public will be more accepting. As it is, I can't go on a dinner-date with another guy in public without having the whole restaurant turn their heads around to watch us trying to enjoy our conversation and meal. The worst part is when the waiter/waitress can barely contain themselves (sigh).

14. ctw0625

ctw0625 Guest

Hate it or love it? Well... I guess I see it both ways too. I sometimes wish I wasn't because life would be SOOO much easier. No worries about coming out, how your loved ones will take it, knowing that the general population sees you as dirt... But I also see the positives of being gay. I think because I understand what it's like to be discriminated against, I tend to be much more accepting of others. I don't know, it's probably too soon to tell since I haven't really come out yet.

15. Absentminded

I have to agree with that. I feel lucky to be,because it's caused some of my friends to be so much more openminded, along with myself, but there's a part of me that still wishes I was straight, just so I could talk to some of my friends without them going "OKAY ALREADY" or something, and so I didn't get so pissed at them talking so much about boys.:dry: And also, some of the abuse that we have to deal with is bad, and completely undeserved.:help:

It's kind of a 75/25 feeling I guess.

16. Ben

Ben

I don't know if I'm lucky, because I have no idea who I would be if I was straight.
    But I do occasionally feel cursed by it all. Maybe life would be easier if I were straight, but maybe I wouldn't have the understanding and empathy I do for minorities.