1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel lucky you are gay/bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Apr 11, 2005.

1. i wouldn't say that lucky is the right word, i think priveledged would be a better term, i find that i have met some amazing people through my sexuality and i feel very blessed for their friendship, and i've found that i am alot more accepting of people from minority groups than alot of straight people i know, this could be down to me personally being from such a group, maybe i would have been equally accepting if i wasn't gay, but i don't know.

2. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am lucky, because it allowed me to meet the most incredible guy in the world. :kiss:

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I do feel lucky to be gay. For one, it kept me from being distracted by girls in high school so I could focus on my work. It also gave me a new perspective on the world and caused me to question things I might not have questioned before. It's also allowed me to be friends with girls, which is something not many guys get to experience.

I probably wouldn't feel so lucky if I didn't live in such a liberal area. The area where I live is so liberal that even the old people aren't prejudiced. If I lived in a more conservative area, I probably wouldn't feel lucky, but as it stands now, I do feel... well, I guess lucky isn't a good word. Blessed?

4. Andrew

Nope.. I don't feel lucky =/. heh.

but at times.. If I ever do find that one guy :slight_smile: I guess I will?

-Luis

5. Mmmike

No, right now i don't feel lucky at all.

I feel out of place, and akward and...not nice.

6. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I dont feel lucky at all. The only thing that it has ever brought me is drama and theres always that, I really like this person but I wonder if they like me back..I wonder if there even gay/bi. but yea if i ever met someone then i guess my perspective would change

7. Lol quite the contrary. I feel like I've been cursed with bisexuality.

8. Kimi

I don't feel lucky.

I just feel like I was chosen:icon_wink

9. Chamber of Life

I feel lucky I guess you can say. Being gay has opened my eyes to so many things and has been apart of my life. If I want gay I wouldnt be who I am and learn thinsthat ppl never learn. I like living outside the box, I'm not apart of the norm. Being gay has taught me ppl are different and to accept different. I just love who I am and being gay is a big part. :slight_smile:

10. Hoppip

I like being gay,
    because I can say
    it's okay
    to be gay
    in may
    and one day
    I'll say
    hey
    it's Tina Fey
    but she's not gay
    or is she gay?
    I can't say
    that Tina Fey
    is gay
    but hey
    that's okay
    either way.

....Being gay means I can lay down sick rhymes. So I'm glad.

11. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

yea i feel lucky! i dont think im better than anyone but im happy im part of an elite (slightly big word) group of the world, Yay homosexualality!

12. BreakingGlass

I feel lucky. Even though I am still slightly uncomfortable being gay.

To me it's seems like I am a part of a culture that is just starting to define itself. Which I find so damn exciting and scary at the same time!

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do I feel "lucky" about it? Not really. There are many experiences I would never get had I been born straight. A lot of things I never would have learned, and a lot of people I might shun out of ignorance. Then you have the extreme social stigma, all the stereotypes that get tossed my way because I'm not a conformist, all the rights and benefits that aren't available to me because of how I was born. No, I don't feel that I hit the jackpot with my sexuality, just that I got a difference experience than other people. Different, not better.

14. TriBi

Wow - resurrecting a thread that is almost three and a half years old - that must just about be a record!:badgrin:

15. Poring

oh wow, I didn't realize it till now that it was a 3 and a half year old thread! XD

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Oh, how I wish Tina Fey were gay! :love:

Back to topic, I can't say I feel particularly lucky to be gay. It would be a lot easier to be straight. Sometimes I do get a "yay for being gay!" moment, but mostly I'm still on the "I'm gonna accept it" stage.

17. musicXowl

hmmm i wouldnt say i was lucky or unlucky, cuz its not really based on luck, its just the way things turn out. but i do feel lucky that im not bi, and no offense to bi people i just think that if i were bi i would have a hard time choosing someone to date :rolleyes:

18. shakerdancee

Burning In The Fireplace

19. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I was asked this question a few months ago I would have said that I am unlucky to have been cursed with being gay. But now I feel lucky to have gone through the suffering that I did. I feel it has made me a much more accepting person and I feel like I have a much better grasp of who I am as a person.

20. Jonathan

To be honest, no I don't feel lucky to be gay. I just think that life would be so much easier if I was straight. But whatever, that's just how I feel at the moment. There's no telling how I'll feel later on in life.