1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever feel happy about being single but still wonder when you'll meet the righ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BelieveinLove94, Aug 17, 2016.

1. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm at the point where I'm happy being single, I see people in unhappy relationships and I'm glad I'm not in a unhappy relationship but I also wonder when I'll meet the right person for me.

2. thepandaboss

Re: Do you ever feel happy about being single but still wonder when you'll meet the r

I think that's pretty common. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm alternatively trying to date and trying to be okay with being single should the dating thing not actually work out.

3. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Do you ever feel happy about being single but still wonder when you'll meet the r

ALL the time! that's basically my life haha i enjoy being single but i have never been in a relationship with anyone mostly because i realised i'm lesbian just a couple months ago so...wasted time! all these past years i thought i just didn't want anybody but now i would like to be in a relationship..so i hope now i will find a cute girl (*hug*)

#3 jenne, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  4. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't dislike being single, but even I get sick of my own company and wish I could have someone to go home to and lose myself in after a crappy day at work and stuff like that. And I am kind of astonished at how long I have stayed single. In all of this time I haven't met someone that I just click with. I've met all kinds of friends and had some interesting colleagues, but none of them people I'm attracted to and have a natural connection with. It seems to require way too much effort to meet someone. Why is so easy to meet people I get along with, but not people i want to become romantically involved with?

I also get sick of other people asking "haven't you met someone yet? have you been dating?" I'm like, fuck off please, i'm not overly concerned about your life life so can you stay out of mine?

5. Enjel

Enjel Guest

I feel fine about being single. I get the same thing too, I tend to wonder about other people's relationships that aren't going so well. More often than not, I ponder about when I'll bump into Mr. Right. I'm more of a serendipitous type person; I think love is a fortunate accident.

6. Psaurus918

I use to be happy with being single... Especially ages 21-25 but now I'm 27 turning 28 in Feb and I just feel sad and worthless. Not only do I feel like I'll never meet "the one" but I know it won't happen

7. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Same here, at least it's better than being desperate for love.

8. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I'm very much at the same point as well. I'm okay being single, maybe a little bored with it, and I'm not actively dating. But I might start dating once I feel a bit more comfortable with myself and maybe when I've fully pulled myself from the proverbial closet lol. But I also wonder what it would be like to meet someone amazing and begin a new relationship. It's a totally normal way of thinking, I think. :sunglasses:

9. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

I'm optimistic about dating but it just hasn't happened to me. People flip out when I say that but as long as I'm happy and love myself(which I do te he) that's what's primary to me. Along with loved ones in a platonic manner.

10. xClemKrczx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Never say never...

I'm in a similar position, getting older and seems like there's no one out there for me, although right now, I don't feel like I'm ready for a relationship

11. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I love being single (especially since I'm busy with studying right now) but I would be open to the right person if they came along.

12. PrettyinPunk

I've been single my whole life and for most of the time I didn't care much or wasn't ready to be in an actual relationship. I'm ready to share my life with someone now, if I'm fortunate enough to find that person (hopefully soon).:slight_smile:

13. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

After a few bad short-term few month long relationships, I love being single more than ever. Especially with college a week away, I'm not ready to be with anyone. Someday the right person will come along. :slight_smile:

14. lovetoomuch

I would have to say I was fine with being single before I came out. However, as the important people in my life know now, I have found myself a less content with being single. I very much want to start dating and find someone to be in a relationship with because I kind of deprived myself from this aspect of life for my whole life.
    I certainly wonder when I'll meet the right one. I don't plan to rush it and go with anyone I can find, but I definitely want to know the feeing of love at this point

15. dreamcatcher

I've always been content with being single but now I'm at the point where I feel ready to enter a new relationship. It is definitely something I would like to happen this year, but if it doesn't, it's ok. There's no rush :slight_smile:

16. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

All the time...

I'm glad I don't have to deal with insincere straight relationships like my sister does, but hoping one day I'll find that someone who just gets me, you know? Best to take caution and not jump at every chance in my opinion.

I actually did meet someone a while back who was perfect in my book, but she lived several states away sadly...

17. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

sorta this...but only becuz i fell hard for the last girl and the fact that she didnt give a fuk makes me feel sad and worthless, its been 7 months since we talked and after her i just feel like its pointless to give my heart out again becuz there is no such thing as "the one" and that realization makes me not even want to be in a friends with benefits relationship...so im focusing on myself and really i feel good so far aside from occasionally missing her still