1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do some (dates) people ask weird questions or say certain stuff to see if it throw you off them??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tigermud, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well every girl I've spoken to is different
    Im not trying to over think.
    The girl I'm currently seeing long distance has started asking me weird questions lately. They come across as friendly or jokes .
    They're either sex related or relationship related.
    I believe she likes me and she knows I like her.
    I think she wants to see how I react.
    she talks about celeb crushes whether they're male or female and I think she want to know if it triggers jealousy in me.

She's bisexual and I'm not, I'm comfortable with my sexuality.
    I don't think she's playing mind games with me. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about cause we talk about a lot of different things including feelings.

She's really nice and I don't see anything manipulative about her . There's signs that shows she clearly likes me but I think she's running a few tests. Honestly it could get annoying if it Carry's on .

Though she did mention she does want to get to know me more. Maybe she wants to make sure I can handle her

2. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's no guilt just to add

3. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just to add she's a couple of years younger than me and she's the furthest I've got to being "close" to a girl In a progressive relationship sense, i have been close to another before her.

She knows I like her but I think I'll slow myself down

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To me, sex related questions always come across as horny and trying initiate something.

Celeb crushes is actually more common of a topic than you'd think. I got asked it on a first date. 1) It provides validation for the other person if you say somebody that shares similar features with the person your on a date with. 2) When you're first getting to know your date, you don't really know much about them. Asking about celeb crushes may give the person an extra topic to talk about if you share a similar type or specific celeb crushes.

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old are you both? I think it might play an impact on maturity level. You don't seem very old (I assume late teens, early 20's?) so a couple of years younger could be a massive gap.

Yes it could be a test to see if you are jealous, it could also simply be a normal topic of conversation (since it's celebrities and IRL people) and you assume she is testing you because you are indeed jealous.

I don't ask about celebrity crushes as I don't care enough about celebrities to know half of them, but I will definitely casually mention if I think an actress/tv character, or even someone is hot. It's not to test the other person, it's because it's true and I want to be able to date someone who can take those type of comments for what they are, observations. I could point at a girl saying '' wow she is really pretty isn't she?" and I would expect the person I am dating to not take it as someone she should compare herself to or as it meaning anything concerning my feelings for her or said random girl but as me simply appreciating another woman.

I couldn't personally be bothered by someone crushing on celebrities who they will never meet and don't even know they exist, BUT, if it bothers you, I would mention it to her and see if she cares enough to be empathic to your feelings and stop.

#5 Lin1, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  6. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We've know each other for over 2months.
    I met her once for a whole weekend and I'm seeing her soon again, we talk everyday. We are both very comfortable with each other.
    We are both dark humored. Like she would say something just to scare me I think to get a reaction,
    So I think if it's sex related I think it's flirty banter , plus with us being long distance I think she wants to know my thoughts in terms our sex life and how I think sexually.

Yeah, though I think it's just a test and it's nothing to worry about, cause generally if talking about tough things in my past and I get uncomfortable talking about something she would say "it's ok you don't have to talk about it" where as she's more open I guess in that way.

I know we both have our celeb fantasy's . But I think she speaks more information on her celeb crushs. She's very open but I do think there is a lot of signs that she generally likes me. Even though shes not always direct. She knows how much I like her , I tell her how great she is like every day.

7. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think in terms of finding a guy or girl hot I'm not bothered by that , cause pretty much we agree on the same people. Me being comfortable with my sexuality I would agree with some of the men being hot cause we like the same bands also .

Like last message she sent me was like a fantasy of getting married to a similar guy from a tv show . And she was like "I'm still waiting for one like him"
    I think this kind of thing plays on you more if you don't see each other every day, like how do I know if she's interested in me?!

It's like I want to know if I'm good enough for her. We have had a relationship talk, but we're not ready. We've said we really appreciate each other.

We keep in contact like we got something
    Cause I do like her and atm im hoping for the best, I don't think I want to lose her.

My behavior with her though I praise her everyday. She makes me feel good about myself too.

Honestly though I'm 25 . I haven't got time to test trust with her, she's younger than me and I don't own her, and I'm not dumb or daft. I honestly like her a lot for many reasons. she's not your typical girl she's pretty much a work of art.
    I think on terms of maturity I think at any age you fall for someone there will always be layers to get through with each other. I think with her way she likes to touch a nerve. Now I think about it she might just annoy me cause she likes me .

Like if she truely wasn't interested I would want to know tbh . I think she is, but I think I'll look out for certainty.

8. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I purposely ask weird questions and push the conversation into odd places on dates. It's not really to throw them off, it's more to see how open they are towards quickly changing and random occurrences that may not always make sense. My interests and life change rapidly and I'm a pretty impulsive person, so watching how they handle being caught completely off guard by something tells me what their reaction would be to me going off on a random adventure I just thought of 12 seconds ago down the road if we were dating. If they can't keep up with an unpredictable conversation without stressing, they probably can't keep up with my bouncing off the walls life either, and it's good to know that early.

9. Tigermud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Haha ohhhh right.
    She's not a simple girl . I'm not so simple either.. honest answer im dying hard for her and she knows that . If she's gonna be a bitch about some things then I'm glad I think she's showing or uncovering us both realistically..
    Lol when she has asked me odd questions she badly wants me to answer I think I answer wisely . She's very inquisitive and I like that about her. Lately her question senarios have been a bit extreme.

She is a bit edgy in a good way . I wouldnt personally want a girl who is too goodie goodie or someone who thinks I don't care.

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people like to test boundaries in order to discover how much longevity there is, or might be in a relationship. It's really not unusual, but it can backfire if you cross boundaries (and we should have boundaries).