1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to be a muscular guy to be appealing to people?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MikeDenver, Aug 12, 2017.

1. MikeDenver

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am very much skinny. I weigh around 110lbs with a height of 5'11". But I feel lack of confidence in front of everyone. I feel like people find me very less interesting. So do I need to be muscular to be appealing to people?

2. KenzyBell

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think if you want to be muscular then you can be muscular, but if you're only doing it to impress someone or to fit in, I would say be yourself. The one thing I like about people the most is that they are themselves, not the person people want them to be. Hope this can help a little bit.

Chiroptera and azzi like this.
  3. 7th Axis

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like that poster above said, I don't think so - appealing is very subjective from person to person. Don't let anyone put you down about your body! It's impossible to fit every person's expectations, so just be you. If you do want to build muscle, you should do it for yourself, rather than to be appealing to others.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your orientation says straight. Most straight women I know find super muscular guys to be very unattractive. It is only other straight men that form this opinion on women's preference and try to make it fact.

But even for gay men, everyone has preferences. No two preferences are the same.

5. musicboy123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All I can say is just a repetition of the other posts: Preference is subjective. Proof? I, for one, happen to prefer skinnier guys as opposed to muscular guys. Either way, I believe, that when it comes to love, there is something much deeper than appearance, proving love can be blind. Just be yourself and people will take interest in that about you! Lot's of love!!! :slight_smile:

#5 musicboy123, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, you do not. Not everyone is into muscular dudes, and this has nothing to due to sexual orientation. Hell, not every straight dude is into muscular women either.

Everyone has different tastes. You can get bigger if you'd like, but don't do that just because you want to attract certain people. That's the wrong concept here.

I personally go to the gym to not only get bigger, but to make my lifestyle more active. I do it for personal goals, not to get attention from other people (although, it does come with perks).

7. bluesunlight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, unless you truly want to look a certain way for yourself. I'm 6'1' and only weigh 107ish and have a small frame. I've always been underweight and I've loved being so. Some people will find it attractive while others won't - no big deal! Don't feel like you have to change your appearance just so someone will find you attractive.

#7 bluesunlight, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  8. Twist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely not. I'm 5'10 and have ranged between 110 and 140 through my teen year to present. It's extremely difficult for me to gain and keep weight. When single, had no issues getting partners, and.... well, had quite a few. I can also tell you that Gideon is also very enamored with my frame, yeah? I wouldn't worry about it. I work to keep some weight on my frame for my health, but for catching partners? Never.

9. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not being an asshole is the best way to get people to like you. Physical appearance only matters to really shallow people.

#9 Shorthaul, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Twist and Fishtail like this.
  10. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mostly agree, but, it certainly helps to take care of your appearance somewhat. Like keep your hair clean, make sure it's not crazy in the morning (making it perfect is not that important), try and prevent as much acne as you can just because it's nice and shows that you respect yourself and your needs. Excersize enough to be healthy, but don't bother trying to do stuff specifically to make you buff if that isn't what you enjoy because being a happy confident person is much more attractive to potential partners than a little bit more muscle.

#10 Humbly Me, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
    Shorthaul likes this.
  11. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    no, not necessarily. Personally, big muscles are a turn off for me. Being fit is fine, I just find big "body builder" muscles to be disturbing, the ones with bulging veins are twice as disturbing.

12. Shayne16

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally find skinny guys attractive, you don't need to change a thing!

13. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No. You have to have something about you, as in... a personality. If you wish to improve yourself and you start lifting, like I have, that drive to improve and dedication that you display can be attractive, yes. But if you try to bulk up just for the sake of getting laid without any other goal behind it... you probably won't get very far anyway and you'll be that really irritating type of gym goer who either shows off all the time (and badly) or feels sorry for themselves all the time. If you're actually intersting as a person then there's no reason why being skinny should hold you back. However if you do nothing and are lazy and don't even have interesting hobbies and that's why you're skinny... well that sort of shows bad character. As long as you are a nice person with a personality, hobbies and a life skinny shouldn't be a problem. I always advocate for self improvement when youre feeling hard-done-by in the world of love but that doesn't have to be physical self improvement like bodybuilding. Just doing things like you care about them should make you more interesting -the gym can be one or not be one.

Pole star likes this.
  14. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great advice. I decided to learn to play tennis recently when I was hard-done-by..and it is great. I go to the gym too. Try and do what makes you happy and it will reflect on you.

SHACH likes this.
  15. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah it doesnt really matter. My first bf was a muscled guy and i liked how he was. My exhusband is chubby and didnt bother me too.

16. Tallen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer regular shaped men, skinny or even a bit of a beer gut appeal to me. So in my opinion there is someone for everyone.

17. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Too much muscle is actually a turnoff for me. I don't go for the bodybuilder type at all.

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No! I love lean guys, and occasionally stocky aka builtfat!

19. momo2can

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well a lot of the times you just need to be confident in your body type and that in it self will make other people perceive you as "more beautiful".

You can also "trick" other people's brains using fashion. I know you aren't trying to look skinny so try and avoid very dark colours: black, dark grey, dark brown, and purple. Go for colours that attract attention instead, such as wearing a red shirt and you can mix and match: red undershirt + white/blue unbuttoned shirt over it.

You can also try and grow out facial hair - which adds a little bit of volume to the face and can hide some uneven features, making the person look a little bit taller, and makes the shoulders look a little broader.

Lastly, this one isn't fashion based its just realizing that no matter how much effort you put into your looks, you're never going to be everyone's type. So just realizing and keeping in mind that just like you aren't attracted to every single human being, not everyone is going to be attracted to you sexually.

In the end if you want to change something about yourself then go right ahead, because it will make you happy.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No I find people without much muscular definition extremely attractive. I like my men super femme, which often associates with non-body-builder types.

gravechild likes this.