1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do homophobes secretly want us dead?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wuggums47, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Weekender

It's from the New Living Translation. I typically use more traditional translations, but I always thought Matthew 5:22 had some pretty ambiguous wording, and the NLT version makes the meaning of the passage more clear. :slight_smile:

2. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually a lot of trivial things deserve dead penalty according to the bible such as wearing certain things, eating certain things or working on Sunday :lol:

Of course, in these cases they come up with the "they were other times you can't compare" card so I don't usually take religious homophobes so serious :lol:

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Other than relatives(at least I would hope), I would agree. :eusa_clap

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of people who quote from Scriptures against GLBT folks do so by picking out things very carefully and selectively. If they took it holistically, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Not only that, there are passages which refute the very quotes they are quoting. What a mess! That's why I have strayed from organized religion. It's more work than it's worth. God knows what's in your heart and that's what counts.

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Yeah axolotl, I'd like to see them abide by Deuteronomy 25:11 and try to make an argument in court for why they cut a woman's hand's off. "But your honor, she touched a mans testicles to defend me, I had no choice but to cut her hand off"

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good deal. I figured it was either the Message or the NLT. The NLT is my mom's favorite.