1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorced after 18yrs & trying to find my way

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by 321Liftoff, Feb 3, 2019.

1. 321Liftoff

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like I already had my shot with my “one” (true love) with my ex-, and now that he is gone I’ll never meet a woman I want to spend a similar amount of time with. As our marriage imploded i reassessed everything in my life and that is when I finally realized I am a lesbian (or bisexual if there’s some rule that I acknowledge having been with a man even though I have absolutely no interest in men now.)

My ex-husband and I met young, dated 10 years and were married for almost 18 years; marriage unraveled without my awakening as to my sexuality being a primary cause, though obviously it didn’t help. I then fell hard for a heterosexual friend and nearly lost her friendship in the process.

Since then, I’ve been focusing on myself and don’t feel ready to date yet but it’s hard to feel like there’s still a great love out there for me. And I don’t know the first thing about finding someone. I don’t go to bars and the dating apps are mostly fake profiles and people young enough to be my daughter (if I’d had my daughter a bit earlier in my life.)

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC.

You should find people here that are going through or have been through similar, particularly in the ‘Later in Life’ section. But, do check out the whole forum and post where you like.

It sounds like you’ve been through a really difficult time. I hope posting here is a step towards the future you want. It’s a friendly and supportive place, so hopefully you’ll find people you can relate to.