1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disappointed

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Apollonia, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Apollonia

Now, I know this is not a big issue and I shouldn't probably even be complaining about this, but as I really have no one in real life to talk to I'd thought I'd vent a bit here.

Some months ago I started talking online with this girl, she was smart and funny and for me we really got along. We'll talked for months almost every day. She lives quite far from me, so it wasn't easy to set up a meeting, but eventually I managed to do it and told her I'm going to her town. A bit before we were supposed to meet, she calls the whole thing off saying that she doesn't want to risk getting hurt. What? We hadn't even met. So that was the end of that. I miss talking with her even thought she blew me off. Stupid me.

Then some weeks ago, I wrote it here as well - I et someone online and having learnt from this previous experience, suggested we meet sooner rather than later. We did, she was really cute and nice and again I thought that we had a good time. However when I later texted her to thank and ask if she wants to do it again, she didn't even bother to reply. What did I do wrong this time?

Now I am nervous to meet or even talk to anyone, as I am apparently so clueless as of how things go. Or I am just too old and fugly and boring to be around with. I know it is silly and stupid to think this way after two minor incidents but as I am very insecure to begin with, it hasn't actually helped.

2. CameOutSwinging

It's natural to feel like it's something you did or didn't do, but it more likely has to do with these particular women. Something in them or about them. We can't control other people's actions so there's no use in stressing over them. And the person who deserves to date you would never cancel a meeting last second or just not respond to your messages.

Don't let a few pebbles on the road stop you from continuing down that path.

3. YeahpIdk

I've been feeling like this since I'm on a dating app. People who I don't find attractive talk to me. People I try to talk to who I find attractive don't answer back. I have to just believe that these aren't the people I'm supposed to be talking to, and someone out there, that I would think is perfect for me, is waiting, and vice versa, and we just haven't crossed paths yet.

Just try not to take things too seriously. Dating is all about rejection. It's so much fun!!! **rolls eyes**

4. BaldOldGoat

YOU haven't done anything "wrong"! The first person may have sounded fine, but had you become involved, you'd have found she has unresolved self-esteem issues. The second ... I'm going to be blunt here ... sounds as though she decided that you just weren't what she was looking for (enough to continue); so, she said nothing more. A more polite person might have replied, "It was nice meeting you" but in the end, that's how it goes.