1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you ever run away from home?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by William1, Jul 9, 2008.

1. William1

I didn't, but I did run away from boarding school when I was like ten.

It all went swimmingly cos I was able to sneak past the gate man in the dusk, and it was planned like a military operation down to the last detail. Or so I thought, but then I found I didn't have enough money for the coach fare to London. So I had to sneak back in. Life sucks sometimes!

Anyone else make The Great Escape? :grin:

2. ltb2511

I once attempted to run away from home when my parents found out something they shouldnt about me, but I had no money and I had no idea where to go plus i was desperate for the toilet so in the end I began walking back home.

Do not get any idea's from this post running away from home doesnt solve things, I learned it the hard way!

3. Louise

Well I did when I was 2. I was really cross with my mum for some long forgotten reason so I took my teddy and told her that I was leaving home. I do believe she even opened the front door for me.

I stomped off in my furious huff to the neighbours house where she gave me a glass of juice and a biscuit. Several hours later she told me that it was probably time I went home for my tea... so I did just that completely forgetting that I had run away! And there ends the adventures of my 'difficult years' :lol:

4. Trumpetplyer23

lol, Louise.

I tried but my dad caught me before I could get far.

According to what they told my class at JDC (Juvnile Detention Center, jail for kids. We were on a field trip there) that in Ohio if you ran away from home your parents could call the cops, get you arrested, and you'd be charged with like, disobediance or something.

But it sounds like they were trying to scare us. I really don't know, to be honest. I think it'd be dumb if that were true.

5. Bryan90

lol twice actually.. or rather two and a half times (I was a very naughty kid when I was younger):roflmao::roflmao:

I think when I was 14/15, I packed all my necessities and just left one day leaving a note saying that I left with all my saved allowances and stole some of my parents' money as well, and told them that I would return the money I stole in future. I spent one night in the park, and embarked on a one hour train ride to another state to look for a job. One of my close friends, whom I had a crush on at that time convinced me to come back, and stay the night in this house before they called my mom the next day to pick me up.

The second attempt was a little shorter, same story, but this time I ran to a shopping complex with my laptop and spent the night there. The next day, I was planning to commit suicide by night fall, but my parents who went ALL around searching for me.. (like literally all places that had free wireless) and found me hours before my suicide attempt...

memories....

6. Arrk

I "ran away" when I was like 4 or 5.
    Stupid neighbors caught me before I went more than like 4 houses. :[

7. Ben

Ben

I've been told that I ran away to the bottom of the street with a bag of underpants when I was 5/6 and was planning to spend the rest of my life eating the crisps I took and visiting next door for water and breakfast each morning... but when it started getting dark, Mum called me in for tea :confused: and I was bored of the crisps, so I went back.

:slight_smile:

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When I was about 16 my parents found out that I'd blew my savings account on records, make-up, clothes, ect. instead of saving it for college like I was supposed to. My Dad was furious with me. I thought he was going to kill me. So I went running out of the house and down the street. The only problem, I forgot my shoes. Running on those rocks hurt like hell. So I went back home crying hysterically. I told my Dad that I was afraid he'd hurt me. It was the only time he ever told me he loved me believe it or not.

9. Malchik89

I've wanted to run away so many times, but stopped myself every time. Partially because i was just too big of a pussy to actually go through with it, but mostly because i always woke up to the realization of just how stupid it is to just escape. I always knew there were so many people who cared about me, even though alot of the time i tend to be blind to that fact. So yeah here i am, fighting through my crap everyday :slight_smile:

10. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

When I was six, my dad got soooooooo mad at me because I refused to eat my dinner. It was the one, and only time, he's ever made me dinner because my mom was on a business trip, and he made beef. I have never in my life eaten a hamburger, or a steak, and he knew that I wasn't going to eat it, but he did it anyway.

So I trashed my bedroom, packed some clothes and other things up, and just started walking. But then I remembered how much I loved my mom and how devistated she would be when she found out I'd left, so I came back home.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recall doing so once. Again, no idea why. I remember which house I ran away from, so I was somewhere between the ages of 4-11. I think it was early on. I recall running down the street crying, thinking "I'm never going back!". I think I made it two blocks before my brain kicked in and said, "...and where will you go, moron?" I sat down on someone's lawn and thought things out for awhile, then went home.

As far as my parents knew, I went out for a jog that day. :slight_smile:

Lex

12. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was young I tried but had nowhere to go lolol so I went home =P

13. Daniel

I think the last time was the most succesfull...

I crossed the ocean. Still am.

:icon_bigg

Of course I'm going back in 20 days now...

:***:

14. I remember that! Yeah, that probably wasn't the most well executed plan that you've ever persued lol.

15. LOVEjames

I ran away to the backyard in the middle of the night once when I was 11. I packed peanut butter and jelly, bread, and a blanket. I slept in the hot tub (It was still under construction, so there wasn't any water in it). I went back in the house a few hours later.

16. ltb2511

Are you mocking me?!
    You evil person, i'm sure i could come up with some of your badly executed plans just give me a few days, weeks or perhaps a few months, you know what my brain is like. lol.:lol:

17. no, i'm not mocking you!! i'm just saying, you know, you could have told me you were planning something before making all of us panic! and admit it, you never planned it very well lol, but no, i'm not mocking you. sorry *puppy eyes*

18. ltb2511

You are forgiven!
    Yes I do admit it, mainly the whole going to the toilet before setting off, because that really did ruin my plans, even if they were a little sketchy, had i had more time it would have been well executed.
    And I didnt mean to make people panic!

19. Sam

Sam

When I was 3 or 4 I got mad at my mom and said I was going to run away and she said go ahead and opened the door for me and then I just started crying.

When I decided to come out to my mom I put some snacks and water and all money and a razor blade and I gave her the letter and took a walk but if she didn't accept me I wasn't going to come back but it wasn't so much that I was going to run away as I was going to commit suicide

Luckily she did accept me because it would have been quite a site finding me *shivers* don't ever think like I did. I think she would have thought I ran away and then gone looking for me.

20. Arrk

That made me chuckle- especially the fact that you left with your teddy bear. :]