1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you do anything symbolic or ceremonial to embrace your sexuality?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by findingjoy, May 19, 2017.

1. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am just curious - there are natural things we might do when coming out or consummating a relationship I almost wish there was some sort of 'ceremony' for acknowledging and embracing this part of myself.

It just occurred to me how much I really, really really want to get married when I find the right guy... I am so ready to embrace this beautiful part of myself!

Looking back all the fear and doubt seems so silly!

2. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't, but I think I'd want a subtle tattoo for it. I don't know what though...

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am gonna be getting my tattoo very soon. A nice little atheism logo (in rainbow) on my forearm.
    I get to proclaim my queerness AND potentially piss off some bible thumpers in the process. Sounds like a win-win to me.

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I did. It was when I was in my first relationship with my first boyfriend. During this he was supporting during a dark period that I was going through after my mom told my whole family that I was gay. Once we became fully committed to each other, we moved into our own house together. He threw this celebration party in my honor for embracing my sexuality. There was also a moment during this celebration where I was placed in the center of the floor and every guy that was in attendance had a moment to dance with me while I wore a crown. Very symbolic indeed...

5. Rana

Rana Guest

Not yet, but I was thinking about that also.
    It somehow feels right to do something symbolic and ceremonial doesn't it?
    I'm still thinking what that would be for me, but yes, I'd like to do something.

6. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I want to honor this beautiful part of me that I treated so poorly for so long :slight_smile:

Sometimes I think about beautiful it is to love another man to touch him with an intimacy I could never achieve with a woman, i am just so thankful for having it...