1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you change your look when you accepted yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Izi, Aug 13, 2016.

1. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  2. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can totally relate to this! I started my coming out process last year and ever since, I've become so much happier and much more outgoing. I feel much more confident than I used to and I've changed my hair style. (I love my hair so much now!) I used to not really care about how I looked but now I do my hair nicely and I choose my favorite clothes (which I've heard from others that I am very stylish.) And yes I guess that now my style is more "gay" (I am slightly more feminine) but who cares, I am so happy that I am glad that people would see me as "gay".

Also, I am planning to dye my fringe a metallic blue and I really want to paint my nails!

I'm glad that I can relate to you, and congratulations for being so confident to do what makes you happy! :slight_smile:

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Omg pockets in men's jeans are heaven. I have real anger towards useless women's pocketa.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too! >.<

5. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, actually yes. (probably a little after I started accepting myself).

I think I've been depressed with it up until and through freshman year of high school. In my sophomore year I had a major crush on this boy, and he was my first actual crush (I'm pretty sure he's gay). I had the crush in March 2014, and that's when I started gelling my hair every day (still do) and caring more about my looks. I started coming out to my friends, but I did need some time adjusting to my new looks and actually making them work for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When I was depressed I looked horrid. My clothes were bad and my hair was bad and my everything was bad. Damn middle school emo phase.

#25 Skaros, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. timo

Maybe a bit. I used to wear only band shirts but that doesn't happen much anymore these days. Should do that again.

My sneaker collection has increased quite a bit, if that counts :lol:

7. PinkCarnation41

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cut my hair very short, wear colourful dresses. I'm making gradual changes.

8. Anime Max

I can relate! I've let my true personality shine, I've made my REAL friends, I know what hairstyle I want.... It's great!

9. AmyBee

Kind of. I started off much more androgynous. Then I went kind of skatery. Then more "townie/indie rock/tomboy." Then I started finding myself getting more femme. I went through this "all black/girly punk" phase and finally just broke out into long skirts and floral prints. I just couldn't help it. The more I got comfortable with my identity, the more I found I wanted more flowing, softer things and a softer look for myself.

10. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really fully accepted/figured out my gender like a couple weeks ago. I just changed my hairstyle a little over an hour ago (couldn't decide if I liked it or not, but now I think I like it), and I plan on wearing feminine clothes in private more often, and start wearing nail polish again. I also want to wear more androgynous clothes in public, but I don't know where to get any. Oh, also I want to dye my hair, but not sure what color.

With my sexuality (about a year ago), I didn't really change much besides the ace ring.

11. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started caring ever-so-slightly more after accepting myself about making myself look nicer but the extent of that is basically now I actually care about wearing clothes that match. I've just never cared about clothes and hate spending mildly large amounts of money on clothes.

#31 kibou97, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  12. Enjel

Enjel Guest

Nah. My clothing remained relatively the same; as old as I am now, I still use clothing that's from High School, hah! Now, though, if I had the cash; I'd probably buy new clothing to better suit my personality, but it's nothing serious.

13. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I did. For me coming out gave me such a burst of confidence. I started working out pretty heavily, started wearing more body conscious clothing. To be honest it went a bit too far, but it was great! I had always been the guy who was smart and funny and being able to walk into a room and have people attracted just to my looks was intoxicating. I remember thinking "this guy doesn't give a damn what I think"--but in a good way.:lol: After a while I sort of equalized but it was wonderful in its own way.

14. exist

exist Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, because I realised why I was so uncomfortable all the time with myself and what I could do to help it :slight_smile: I could never go back to the way that I used to "look" before, it felt very fake and strange...

15. SHIELDAgentAlex

Well I mean, if that's all you're wearing…

After I came out at school, I started wearing a pride bracelet--at school, obviously, given my family's views on gay people--and I stopped dyeing by hair for a while once the dye that was already in grew out. Everything else is just my emo/preppy style that I've managed to make look damn good…relatively

16. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did change a lot, I cut my hair short and now I wear masculine clothing as well as a binder. I am barely recognisable haha cx

17. Delta

Not dramatically. I became a little freer, but really I'd already been subconsciously picking out things I could make androgynous, so besides cleansing myself of some hand-me-downs and getting some more solid-color t-shirts, binders, and looser jeans, nothing much is different.

18. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah now that i realised i want to cut my hair short and have a more masculine style..i don't know why i want this i hope it's normal haha
    i never cared much about make up and clothes but you know i dressed more girly because that's what my friends did and considering i HAD to get a boyfriend...nahh... i'm so glad i'm not that lost person anymore:grin:

19. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, nothing really changed about me at all.

Happy days :slight_smile:

20. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I stopped trying to make myself wear feminine clothes and cut my hair. That was also when I came in contact with radical feminism.