1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Michael Phelps really win that 7th gold medal???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lodiug, Aug 21, 2008.

1. lodiug

2. berileos

berileos Guest

Unfortunately he did...Cavic got the silver medal

3. lodiug

Did you even check out the website?

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's a CONSPIRACY THEORY website. Don't believe everything you read on one website like that.

Anyone can set up a website claiming anything with suitably biased or modified evidence. They rely on people believing without checking or questioning.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Illuminati wanted him to win.

Lex

6. LOVEjames

Are you sure it wasn't the Priory of Sion, Lex?

7. Trumpetplyer23

I believe Michael Phleps won that race.

Not just because I'm American, either. I watched the replays like, a hundred times and he did win, in my opinion from watching said replays.

Plus, the Olympic games have underwater cameras, so they can see if someone won or not.

8. LOVEjames

And the technology used at the Olympics are unquestioned, just in case of this type of stuff. I could care less if he were American, but I think it's a pretty amazing feat.

9. panda

si.com phelps sequence

You'll have to type it in cause I can't ,but Sports Illustrated has photographic proof that Phelps Won

Some of you more learned computer types can probably do it. It's a skill that still escapes me.:bang:

#9 panda, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  10. lcr guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Michael Phelps is amazing. He won it. It was as close as it could have been, but there have been many instances lately of 1/100ths of a second differences.
    Even in that particular race.... 3rd and 4th were also separated by that margin.

8 in 08! Phelps is a shark boy!

11. otc877

otc877 Guest

Michael Phelps won, but what should be taken into consideration is the gymnastics judging.

How Nastia took 2nd in high bars. Her routine was better than China's (with a bit of bias) and the tie-breaking thing... Honestly, that's pretty messed up.

Or, how Alicia didn't medal in vaulting, when she completed her vaults with no significant errors and Cheng Fei took the bronze after landing on her knees amongst other blatant errors.

Not to mention China's gymnast's were clearly underage.

12. Tim

Tim

Eh, It's as bad as the tie in gymnastics that was awarded to China over the US just because of technicalities, and people say it's because it was because of all the chinese fans in the stands.

13. Vampyrecat

Actually, the IOC is conducting an investigation into China's gymnastics teams.

Because all those girls are allegedly underage, and because they performed individually, then if they are found to be under 16, they could have their medals taken off them.
    IF they had been in synchronised swimming or something, it would have been fine, because you're allowed to be twelve (Australian Diver Melissa Wu was 12 in her first Olympics, she got a gold medal for Synched Diving) if you're in a team, but not if you're competing individually.

We all knew China was going to be biased wherever they could get away with it. They only times they aren't is when they have technology which defeats the purpose of judging.

14. Jebs

I agree 100%. In no way am I a judge or even know much about gymnastics... but I know bull**** when I see it. Those scores were bologna. Even the commentators were stunned at some points. One of the Chinese gymnist had atleast 5 balance checks on the balance beam and STILL scored high (almost as high as on American girl who had 2 balance checks). It was ridiculous. It is ok, China will get stripped of the gold (hopefully) for breaking the rules. He = not 16.

Ok now to Phelps... :-D Phelps totally rocked and won. He really has inspired me to get up off my ass and do things. If Phelps can win 8(!!) olympic golds, then I can atleast walk to the metro instead of taking the bus.

15. jazzrawr

Gymnastics judges tend to be stupid. >.<
    There was a whole movie about it, remember? Stick It, i think it was called. XD

Yeah, I do think Phelps won. I feel bad for the guy who got second, i mean he lost by the teeniest mistake EVER.
    Oh well. He got a silver, anyways.
    There was like 6 people who didn't win anything, so he should put up with it. >.<

I hate the way the guys act when they win a medal.
    That's one of the reasons i rarely watch the guys sports.
    They go all "AAH ROAR I AM MAN I WIN MEDAL!" And hit things and yell.
    It's annoying. XD
    The other reason is quite obvious...I just like the girls better :grin:

16. sexyalex

u all know how i feel about that medal already anyways. but ether ways...Phelps= superfake.

17. Urman

Urman Guest

yes phelps won

hes a great swimmer one of my idles

18. Jim1454

Whether he won or not... he's nice to look at!

19. lodiug

He's got a nice body, but not a nice face... Anyways I feel the same way you do alex. They probably let him keep that medal for commercial purposes....

20. From the pictures, it sure doesn't look like it... but, come on. He's Phelps. He can do anything. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: