1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I screw up?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LoveMarshmallow, Jun 22, 2019.

1. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm bi and I met a girl at a lgbt meet a week ago. After meeting another time in a smaller group I invited her to go party with my two best friends and me.
    I liked her from the beginning. So, I was really excited when she said yes. At first when we were pre-partying everything was fine. We all had a lot of fun. Just the questioned remained whether I was friendzoned by her. I was worrying that from the first meeting on.
    Having drunk a couple of glasses I ended up asking her whether she could imagine more. To my big pleasure she said yes. Afterwards I was really excited and squeaked about it to all my friends.

So, already the first weird moment. I told her at our third meeting I liked her and then told my friends in a way she definitly noticed.

Anyway, this isn't that horrible. Seemingly, I had drunk too much and as went partying I ended up throwing up and a complete mess. Obviously a very bad first impression. I can't really remember what happened after pre-partying but according to my friends I didn't do anything embarassing besides telling her I liked her.

Now, I'm really insecure and worried I might have screwed it all up. I've already said sorry and she said it's fine but that doesn't really convince me.
    What shall I do? Do you think what I did is a no-go and a reason for her to write me off?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey take a deep breath. For the moment you are just going to have to take her word for it that it's ok. It is probably not a deal breaker, although granted it isn't something you would plan for a date. Maybe you could plan another nice meet up with her to make up for it.

LoveMarshmallow likes this.
  3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I don't think there is all too much to worry about. Though I would agree with Silverhalo, you definitely don't want to get drunk on a date or when there is a good chance that things could become more serious. I'd say reach out to her and ask if she'd like to get together. I'd suggest to aim for something low key so that you have a chance to get to know each other more and leave what happened behind you. :slight_smile: