1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Describe being in love

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rade, Sep 11, 2018.

1. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're right, @Rade , that's what we need to do. We need to rebuild the trust, and enjoy life!

2. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah... hopefully for you , you might be able to save your marriage....my ex wife has some one else. I am happy for her. I can now explore my sexuality, we had 20 years. She would not accept another guy joining our marriage so it is what it is....

3. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Rade , you have kids, right? How are they doing with the family changes?
    =Sevn

4. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My kids are 6, 10 and 13. We have always been open abd honest with them. They know mum and dad are separated. They know mum has a new boyfriend and that mum stays over about 2 nights a week. My eldest has ADHD and she seems to be struggling the most . They don't know I'm bi/gay though I am considering telling my eldest but need to discuss with my ex wife first . I have discussed sexuality with my daughter, kids at her school are out and she don't care less which is really positive . If only it was like that at my school 27 yrs ago!!
    Overall they are coping well. I have mentioned to them at some point I will get my own place but in the UK renting is very expensive. We are trying to co parent in the same house. I don't know how long for....
    We have a ground rules that neithet of us brings anyone home. And if one of us is out for the evening the other parent looks after the kids. No dumping then with family or child minder .
    I feel I have let them down though and I perhaps should have stayed with my wife another 10 years. Our marriage has been on the rocks 6 years since my son was born . He nearly died, very rare heart condition, he was in great ormond Street hospital . He was tube fed at home for months . That's when we drifted apart . He is well now luckily, my little miracle. She was happy with two kids, both girls . I wanted a son so we tried for him. My wife loves him dearly but recently said if she saw the current situation coming two would have been better.
    Rade

5. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We have some friends who met as twenty ish. Both were in relationships...such as they are at 20. They fell instantly in love at a college retreat and by the time they were home they had broken their other relationships off, were engaged and married in a couple months.

This couple still look at each other like they had just fallen in love 50 years later.

My wife and I are the two most compatible (except for this couple) couple I know. We've had maybe two or three fights in 35 years. But, it took us a long time to really fall in love. We married because we were perfect for each other.

Every day I cherish her more. But, the passion I had with my other love has never been there.

My sexuality destroyed my first relationship but part of the reason I ended up with my wife. Our partnership has made us both better people. I wouldn't trade my life with anyone.

I believe we are capable of instantly falling in love and I believe we are capable of developing love over long periods of time through changes in life.

It's worth trying to rebuild with your wife. What matters is that goals are aligned. It's a lot of work...unless you're the "wonder couple" I mentioned.

BTW. Both these people were super hot! Still are! I bet that helped!

SevnButton likes this.
  6. Highlander2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I hold him, and he rests his head on my chest in bed, time stops. I could lie that way and stroke his hair and kiss his head and breathe in his smell, forever.
    It feels like a chunk of me is missing when we're apart. And I think about him lots when we're separated.
    When I see his smile, I feel an inner sigh and smile burst inside me.
    I'd give away my last pound, minute or breath for him.
    Having a certainty about the future with him, growing old together, making plans together and being genuinely excited about it
    Caring about him, feeling upset when he's upset or stressed.
    Touching his fingers and hands, stroking the hair on his arms and legs absent-mindedly when we're out.
    Kissing his lips and feeling like it's the first time we ever kissed.
    Giving yourself over in bed and trusting each other, and doing everything to please them.
    Feeling elated when the mobile buzzes and it's a text from them, unexpectedly, saying I love you.
    Giving him the bigger half of everything.

Peterpangirl and dirtyshirt84 like this.
  7. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do. All of them. That's what makes being in a long distance relationship so hard.