1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

depression - it sucks..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by aussielefty, May 8, 2018.

1. aussielefty

I've been struggling with depression all my life , the worse has been the last when my dad passed on christmas day 2013,.I had it before when my mum had dementia/alzimers etc and a few other major events in my life..
    me there are some days where its chronic and I'll just be in bed all day/night and hardly get up unless I need to eat or bathroom etc.. then I go straight back to bed and hide under my blankets ,
    other days I'm not that bad but just wont leave the house , stay home for days on end, only go into town if needed for shopping and my work (part time 2 nights a week) even when I'm at work some times Im not myself.
    other times I'm happy as larry almost my old self, then other times I'm doing self harm on me.
    Its like a roller coaster, one minute your up high and happy with life, next your down in the deep doo doo and cant get out, or it feels that way. dont have much in the way of family these days, all split up, only got a couple reall good friends and thats it..

my doc is great ,but i dont see her much , due this week tho and my counseler next week.

dont mean to tell the whole world but , sometimes its better on a keyboard than face to face...

sorry guys, guess I just need a chat.vent ..

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    aussielefty....This sounds like you need to see that Dr. and counselor a lot more often. I went through years of depression also. The depression and the self-hate that went with it almost killed me. If you aren't on meds for this, you probably need to be...I am. If you are on meds, they probably need to be changed. Don't wait around feeling like s*** and losing priceless days of your life....see the professionals and destroy the depression before it destroys you.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    aussielefty....Right after I replied to your post I saw a post be Chip a little below yours titled:
    For anyone with depression or anxiety... a wonderful article
    go check it out!!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#3 quebec, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  4. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I take anti depressants. I can still be up and down. From my experience, depression is a cue for me to fix what is wrong in me mentally and emotionally. I think that guilt and shame and non acceptance of my sexuality has been one thing driving depression and anxiety in me. I also had death of parents, too. Both parents didn't have good deaths. One of my parents died after having dementia for her !ast two years. It's very unpleasant. Multiple problems can lead to depression, too. I might not have become so depressed from just my long failure to see that I am bisexual and pan sexual if I hadn't had other issues. Anyway, as I said, I think that depression tells us that things are wrong... So, in a sense it's not bad in itself. If I didn't get depressed I'd not be trying to see my issues and fix them. My failure to identify my real issues and fix them is another thing, though, because remaining depressed on and off for years is of course very distressing, frustrating, draining, and of course depressing.