1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed from PTSD symptoms

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DreamSky83, May 23, 2018.

1. DreamSky83

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand it's hard for people to grasp how I feel when I have PTSD. These symptoms however are overwhelming me sometimes. There's days where I actually have some really good days and than somehow towards the end of the month I always seem to get deeply depressed. Not sure exactly why, the only thing I can think of is that it's linked to when my ex left me and found out that they were cheating on me.... yet again.

I called them out for how they were treating me and finally they disappeared on me. When they did this, I finally blocked them online because I know they won't change. After taking so many years of abuse, I finally stood up for myself which is a very good thing. I'm glad my ex and I are over.

Right now I'm trying not to spend so much time on social media and been keeping myself busy to entertain myself. I hope someone who's been in an abusive relationship would understand. Wish I could move on from this, however the wounds are still very very deep. So anytime I need to cry, I cry to release the pain. A few of my friends are not very understanding which hurts. I expect them to be supportive of me, but I know they can't do everything for me. Excuse this rant, I just hope someone will understand to how I feel about it.

I'm on medication and I meditate, yet the symptoms are still here at times and they exhaust me. I don't want to be put on anymore medication, I'll just end up a zombie. Hopefully these symptoms will subside overtime. :frowning2:

2. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to hear this. I have PTSD too, though for me its not from an abusive relationship. For me therapy has really helped. Art is also helpful for me, whether it be drawing, painting, colleges, writing poetry, ect.

3. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PTSD is really hard, and you’re right, it’s really hard because a lot of people don’t understand. One positive is that it’s ok to have bad days with the good days.
    As mentioned above, seek out a therapist who specializes in what you need. There are all sorts of treatments for PTSD now including CBT, DBT, Embodiment, EMDR, and others.
    And be patient with yourself. These things take time. During this process, what are some ways you can practice self care and self compassion?

4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for walks. No less than 3 times a week. No more than 5 times a week. 30 minutes minimum each time. I typically walk for an hour when I do walk. Feels fantastic and clears my head. .

Love4Ever likes this.
  5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree about walks. Also meditation. I deal with a lot of OCD and anxiety surrounding that. Those things help me. Talking is also good.

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I am also finding coping methods. Maintaining an equanimity is very difficult. I agree that getting a lot of physical activity can help if you are able.