1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demisexual?!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by poltergirl, Jun 7, 2017.

1. poltergirl

This hit me not too long ago, but I wonder if I really am demi.

Someone who identifies as demisexual/demiromantic doesn't experience primary attraction, meaning they have to have an emotional bond with a person to fall in love with them.
    I've noticed that all the girls I crushed on, I had quite a bond with. I rarely had a "love at first sight" experience, it was always the girls I understood & got along with well. Sure, I can look at a girl and tell if she looks pretty good, but I don't fall head over heels for her.

How do I know for sure if I'm also demi? Anyone demisexual/demiromantic out there?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are free to use the label if you want to/if you feel comfortable with it, of course. But there is no scientific basis for the demisexual label. Apparently, it is a simply a variation of how you experience attraction, not describing an entire new way of orientation. In other words, scientifically speaking, a label is not needed: You would simply be a lesbian/bisexual/gay/straight person who needs an emotional/comfortable bond with someone to feel attraction.

Repeating: You are free to choose whichever label you want, and if you feel comfortable with it, then great! However, don't limit yourself to labels, especially if you are finding them too confusing. There is no need to find a label to fit in, since no word will describe 100% how you are, as each one of us is unique. :slight_smile:

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The label fits, but it could just as well be called "being a thoughtful person". Which to your credit you probably are.