1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answered Deleting our own status updates?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by BothWaysSecret, Oct 12, 2018.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Would it be possible to allow/create a feature where we can delete our own status updates?

I'm not talking about public wall conversations, but rather the posts where we can update our own status that appears when people click on our profile.

I only ask because I have made the mistake (several times) of typing responses to conversations as statuses without realizing it, so I have to wind up typing it again in the conversation. Then the original response just sits there as an old status update and my finicky, anal retentive mind has a need to delete the unnecessary posts, first because it doesn't make sense when people view my profile, and secondly because I don't want to bother the admins with deleting something so trivial, when I could just do it myself if I could.

Don't know if it really bothers anyone else, but it's just a suggestion.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, no, as this was an intentional decision. If we allowed deletion of statuses, then devious people not interested in following the rules could use them to share contact information, and then delete it after it had been shared.

What you can do is post an Ask the Staff message and point us to the statuses you want deleted, and we can do so for you.

3. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Makes sense. I didn't even think of that tbh.

I'll post in the ask the staff forum.

Thanks for your help, Chip. :relaxed: