1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defining our relationship. Are we alone?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by HerLoyalOne, Jul 4, 2016.

1. HerLoyalOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I have an excellent relationship. She is the centre of my world, she knows it, and she loves it. But both of us have struggled to define the dynamic of our relationship, and neither of us know of any other couples that share a similar relationship - or even seen it mentioned or discussed anywhere on the Internet. Are we the only ones?!

We have a strong and very unequal power exchange. My partner has effectively total authority in our relationship, something that is open and explicitly acknowledged happily by us both. She is a self described "Fat, Entitled Princess", and our relationship centres on her wishes, physical needs and our household. I have the freedom to express my preferences and views (which are heard and considered), but all decisions of significance are hers, and hers alone.

My role is to go out to work, as well as to attend to her needs at home, i.e. cooking meals/preparing snacks, fetching, washing/cleaning/tidying, providing physical/personal help (she has restricted mobility), managing household matters, tending to her sexual needs and providing for her emotionally.

However, our sexuality is quite vanilla. She (and thus, by extension, I) is not into BDSM, punishment, restraints or pain, or into a ritualised/formalised form of dominance. Neither is much of our power exchange eroticised. I definitely do not tingle at the thought of washing dishes, fetching things for her, or getting out the Hoover. It is simply the way our relationship is, and I am happy, but not turned on, to keep a nice home for my loved one, so she can just relax and be herself.

Given all of this, I feel the D/s label doesn't really encapsulate the mundane focused, non-kink, 24/7 nature of our dynamic, but I am at a loss to find any term, and also other gay women in similar relationships. Is anyone else out there? If so, how do you (if you do) label and define yourself and your relationship?

#1 HerLoyalOne, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  2. HerLoyalOne

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there anyone else here with a similar dynamic? We do feel kinda isolated and it'd be nice to know if there are communities out there.