1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Sep 1, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want you to know god does not hate you and what you are is not sinful. Ministers and your family are not what god really represents in the bible and I hope the truly loving god leads you through this battle. Your family is evil to a adult daughter and that's so wrong. Also hopefully Michelle nunn will be a democrat senator in your state

2. Holly82

Compared to yesterday how do you feel? Reading your posts today you sound better. Your answers to peoples' questions seemed to flow from a less fearful place.

3. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mainly because I was gone to my dads office today away from the house. Now Im back, and its just back to horribleness again.

4. Holly82

Well cool! :slight_smile: Can you do more of that? (not be at the house)

5. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish. That was the first time Ive been able to leave in a month.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are many other options besides suicide. Things will get better I promise you that because tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow could turn out to be an amazing day, but how would you know if you don't stick around. What you're going through is only temporary while suicide is permanent. I mean, I know life can be so unfair, sometimes, but you have to learn to remain positive no matter what happens.

#146 pinklov3ly, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  7. SeaSalt

Life is full of possibilities, Besides death might suck. Death might just be this life repeating in an endless loop, Then again it might be awesome. We dont really know, Life and Death are both a lottery, you may kill yourself and be happy, you might kill yourself and be miserable, you might live and be happy, you might live and carry on being miserable.

My advice isnt advice as such, it is a plea for you to try exploring this level before you move on to the next level, we dont know what is next but we do know it is coming, sure as hell death catches up with everyone so you might aswell make the most of this world while you are here.

If there are two things I have taken from talking to you they are 1. Georgia sucks! 2. you are adorable and 3. You are a very passionate individual with lots of penned up emotion and I would hate to see someone with your talents go to waste.

I regulary become depressed, I have self harmed, I have even been at the brink of suicide before to the point where one more step over the cliff and its over. Then I decided that I want to explore this world a bit more before I leave. I am stuck here for now however I believe that even someone as confused, Confuddled and broken as me with my agoraphobia combined with insatiable wanderlust will eventually live the full and rewarding life I dream of.

Dont let anyone push you into leaving this world before you get your fill and that includes yourself.

Who knows, one day when I finally start exploring we may even cross paths!

(*hug*)

---------- Post added 4th Sep 2014 at 12:52 PM ----------

the average life expectancy in the USA is 80 (According to Google). Things can change at an extrodinary rate. two years ago I was Homophobic and firmly in the closet. Now look at me, I am not Homophobic and less in the closet :slight_smile:

Prehapps Im not the best argument for my case.

This however is
    [​IMG]

The picture above shows how Shanghai has changed over the course of a mere 20 years. An entire city can change that much in that time, Who knows maybe even your family might have changed their minds in that time. Now lets assume you live to the current life expectancy, That gives you about 60 years left. Imagine how attitudes and opinions will have changed by then?
    Only time will tell.

#147 SeaSalt, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  8. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for that OmittedFlunky. That made me cry. I really appreciate it, even though I dont see anything changing, maybe it will.
    On a different note. ARGH, I am so mad at my parents. I lost my room when I came out so I sleep on the floor. Well, my sister is going away for a few days and she said I could borrow her room. But my parents said no and aded that to the contract, because they said I dont need to be in a girls room.

9. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi artist am dru and I just have to comment on this
    # this contract your parents have over you is worthless just like your parents are. sorry if that offended you .
    # you mentioned the authority's taking your parents side they have to take your side unless they arn't doing there job .
    # contact support groups like Trevor project they will help you get out this prison .
    So meany comments on this thread artist we all want to see you away from your abusive parents they are the only reason this is happening to you your 22 years of age artist you have to start fighting back. please dont take the easy way out(*hug*)

10. Really

Ok. I haven't read everything in this thread (I'm afraid of what I might read) but what your parents are doing sounds illegal/criminal. Can you call 911? Even just dial it and then leave the phone off the hook. They will trace the call and send someone, I'm sure. When they get there, tell them or pass them a note saying you are being mistreated and are afraid of dying there. You might even say that they're not your family. This has to get you out of the house.
    You're obviously a very smart person. Smarter than your parents - that's for sure. Plot your escape. There are tons of people who will help you. You just can't see it because of the brainwashing your parents have been practicing on you.
    Look up shelters where you'd like to be. Save up your money. Check the bus schedules. Create a new email account, email the shelter and ask for help. They might even pay for the bus ticket.
    I'm hoping all the support you've gotten here gives you enough strength to Use your wits to take steps towards getting yourself free of these people.

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. Your parents are sick people and as hard as it is you need to take drastic steps to get out out of that horrible situation. Your parents are emotionally abusing you and the fact that your 22 years old makes it even worse. They undermine you as a adult and as a human being and have very serious control issues. Also they are gonna be the ones burning in hell because there is nothing sinful about you and God loves you.

12. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this :thumbsup:
    you know seeing all your comments on here tells me you are a very caring guy and i wish the world would have more people like you :slight_smile:

13. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really appreciate all the help here. Y'all are family to me, since the ones I have are acting horrible. I guess I'm just afraid to take that step, because my family has been all Ive ever had. But you dont realize how much you've helped. While I haven't really found a way to leave, just knowing that some people like you care, is what keeps me alive. But things just get worse here. Parents constantly talking behind my back, and somehow they're getting more and more people on there side. I just wish I had one offline friend I could talk to. It would really help.

#153 artist92, Sep 4, 2014
  14. SeaSalt

Give this a gander, Maybe you could be the one to open your parents eyes. A word of caution though, People like your family are stupidly close-minded and it takes time and patience. Why am I telling you this, Im sure you know more about Christian close-mindedness than I do :lol:.

Matthew Vines: Bible Does Not Condemn Homosexuality

Remember that you are in the right and they are in the wrong here. (*hug*)

(I know that you are Trans not gay however I think baby steps with your parents would be the way to go if you do try that path)

15. Holly82

Hang in there, sweetie. Better times are coming. :slight_smile:

16. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. The part in bold is the part that is really hard right now. Because even though I KNOW I'm in the right, I still feel guilty because of the way I was raised. Raised to think it was a horrible sin, even though I knew it wasn't one. I hate this feeling.
    Also, telling them it isn't a sin is no good lol. They constantly make me watch videos of this one guy who "converted from being gay to being a straight christian". They only listen to the people who say they used to be gay, and ignore the people who are gay and christian.

17. SeaSalt

Me and your parents would get along swimmingly!

Im guessing that your parents have a bible lying around somewhere. Try looking for the specific scriptures that Matthew talks about and see if your parents dont have some... "alternative" bible. If you can find the scriptures he talks about and you agree with what he is saying you can use the bible to make your case the same way they make theirs. In the end its the same book after all.

18. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh they wouldn't watch him. The second he would say anything about it not being a sin, they'd shut it off and make me watch Dennis Jernigan. And they always tell me about the verse where it says its an abomination for a man to wear women's clothes or vie versa.

19. SeaSalt

yes but remember that these are the same people who believe in talking snakes and virgin births.

Anyway I was thinking more about you creating your own argument using some of his ideas, they cant turn you off like a youtube video.

If they turn to this...
    [​IMG]
    ...they arent worth your time

20. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    artist,

you've literally got dozens of us here hoping and wishing for you to get to a better situation. If there is any way to get out of there, please take it. Your parents are not being just at all. Even if they do 'care' on some level, they are not good for you at this time. It seems to me, that all they do is bring you down. If there is any way you can get out of there - and a number of ways have been suggested thus far - I think you ought to seriously consider it.

Next time it all feel like too much to bear, I hope you can recall how many folks here on ec - from all over the world, actually - are interested in your welfare. We are with you, whatever happens. Maybe you could think on that when things get really tough; I hope it helps.

Damien. (*hug*)

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2014 at 02:27 PM ----------

What, from the same Old Testament book(s) that also say that anyone who works on as Saturday must be put to death? If they are going to quote that book, they had better live by all of it's instructions, not just a random line here and there that happens to justify their deep and willful ignorance. Tell them that they must not work on a Saturday, because the Lord says that anyone who does is evil and must be put to death. Can you see how utterly hypocritical it is to use the OT to justify homophobia?

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2014 at 02:44 PM ----------

I just recalled this quite amusing letter, thought to post here:

Really, artist, sometimes you just have to laugh at religious fundamentalists; that in itself can be helpful in releasing some of the stress. :slight_smile:

#160 Damien, Sep 4, 2014