1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deadly Internet Sins

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Batman, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Sarii

Clickbait hoes *cough* Buzzfeed *cough*

The "badass" people who think they are sooo cool. Look at any anti-gun video.

And DOUBLE STANDARDS. Not exclusively a internet thing, but it is really annoying. A few days ago I watched a video from a news channel about a male teacher having sex with a female student. All of the comments were disgusted. But, on one were a female teacher had sex with a male student everyone was like "hurrdurr wonder were those kind of teachers were when I was in highschool"

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my gosh. I was about to post almost exactly the same thing.
    That's like, perfect. Just perfect. :icon_bigg

Otherwise, I add three more things....

1: Viruses- That's right. Whoever invented these damn things deserves a fish slap. With a very stinky fish. Especially the kind made for identity theft and just put out there to destroy your pc for no reason.

2: Fundie Propaganda- Yes, yes. Tell us more about how white cis Christian males are an oppressed minority, and everyone else is evil but you. You might have big wallets, but not big brains. Not exclusive to the internet but I see too much of it online.

3: Those damn ads with sound- Alright, I go on DeviantArt uploading junk and browsing... I love to listen to music while doing so. Then my music is interrupted by "Hey! Cars and shit! Buy my cars! cars cars carscars!" 99.9% of the time it's things I am in no way interested in so it's a waste on both parties. It's bad enough that I have to see ads, but for them to randomly yell at me? I tend to have it on high volume with headphones on 'cause music and then all of the sudden... "BUY MY CARS!!!":eek:

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buzzfeed can be entertaining sometimes, but it's pretty annoying just as often. Also, the site is filled with feminazis. I'm a feminist, but these people are taking it to the extreme.

4. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trolls. But not the idiotic trolls that you can laugh at, the trolls that are being 100% sincere and don't know that they're trolling.

Most people in fandoms, but especially;

- "My headcanon is obviously better than canon, so don't be stupid and hate it!"
    - "You can't hate my favourite character!"
    - (Like the above) "You can't have different opinions than me!"
    - "Oh so you hate the popular characters. Obviously you just want attention!"
    - "My OCs (Original Characters) are better than yours!"

Most people in the pbp (play by post) RPG community. (Mostly because of situations similar to the ones above);

- "I don't write with you unless you use a certain face claim."
    - "Oh so your character is (homophobic/racist/vulgar/etc) you must be too!"
    - "If you can't write [insert word count here] you're not good enough to write with us."

5. sugarcubeigloo

When Google has no idea what I'm talking about. Seriously? NO ONE has ever asked this specific question before? Impossible.

Also, when I do find the question I'm looking for, but its on 'Yahoo! Answers' or something of the like and all the answers are totally unhelpful. For instance, if I'm googling a weird symptom and the top response is, "go see a doctor." I know, I know, I should probably see a doctor, but I currently need to satiate my hypochondriac side right now.

6. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, a gazillion others have mentioned bad grammar already, but that's a huge one. Ever spend a long time looking up fanfictions and you finally find one with the *perfect* plot and awesomely written characters, but the grammar is so bad you have to stop reading it? Ugh.

The annoying ads with sound (that are almost always obnoxious and surprise the crap out of you) that Kira mentioned.

Jerks who post awful comments and rants on YouTube. Bigots, drama queens, etc. No...just no (especially those comments that are completely untrue). You read them and get pissed, wanting to give their shit right back to them, but don't want to sink to their level or get into an internet fight.

Going back to fanfics. When you find one that is actually very well-written with proper English, but the plot is crappy/boring/confusing or the characters are totally OOC. It's so frustrating, especially for people like me who are picky about what they read.

A well-written book that has a ton of typos that the author and/or editor apparently didn't get. It's amusing but kinda distracting.

Those moments when you find a hilarious meme but it has horrendous, 4th grade level, cringe-worthy typos, and you don't want to share it because either a) the typos drive you too crazy, or b) you feel like people who you shared it with will think you didn't notice the typos.

Also, when you find what looks like a really cool free mmo game and you download the installer, only to read an agreement that says you need a paid account to play. Really?

People who type in all lowercase letters, run-on 'sentences', and text-speak. I would type an example but I wouldn't be able to post this without going back and correcting it.

Overzealous Grammar Nazis, surprisingly, irritate even me sometimes. Basically like when I make a simple typo when texting or posting, they point it out, and I'm fully aware I made the typo. I can't edit it, what's the point?

Clickbait, pop-up ads, adware, chain messages, and other stupid shit. 'Nuff said.

Viruses. I haven't gotten many of them, and while I'm pretty good at getting rid of them independently with minimal software use, they're so annoying!

#26 ErickWolf, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

You're 13 and someone's already asked you "do you want to have sex on cam?"?! Triple :eek::eek::eek:

8. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trolls; of course...

But I really hate those chain posts - they're like post-trolls but they actually try to be serious. -_-....

Another thing I despise is on FB. Those posts like

"Type Amen for God, Ignore for the Devil."
    "Like for happiness, ignore for cancer."
    "Comment for love, ignore for hate."

I mean, like, do you know how I am? >_> Or even half the people you're sending this message to?

Seriously; I get people want unity and stuff and have everyone to be agreeable with whatever thing they want

But guilt-tripping and demonizing people who don't fit YOUR IDEA of a "good person" is just wrong.

9. The Wallflower

^Lol, those are so stupid.

Clearly, those are scams to get likes. As if God would send you to hell for not liking a post that disrespects Him.

It's basically manipulation. You're guilting people into giving you more likes for popularity. How about you go f*ck yourself, and I'll give you a like for that?

Or better yet, don't beg for likes. v_v

10. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Fakebooks autists of every kind.
    They only talk through fakebook. They check it every ten seconds and demand you to do the same.

... The fuck is this, a new religion????

Just no.

11. BelleFromHell

Thanks! You mentioned just about all the things I forgot to mention.

Ads are the reason why I always keep my volume on mute when I'm not watching videos/listening to music. It used to annoy the hell out of my mom, but I still do it. Better safe than sorry (although, like you said, it can still happen while I'm listening to music, which can be annoying as hell).

Amen to the other things as well. My dad was (and still is) into that "oppressed" white Christian straight man crap. I'm so glad he deleted his Facebook account. Too damn embarrassing.

P.S. I see you are a fellow Georgian.
    [​IMG]

12. SirPandacorn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When people like all of their ig photos
    When they never post
    Shoutouts
    False advertising