1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating my worst fear

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I recently started dating a guy who is really sweet and kind. But he's a graduate student who has accomplished so much and I myself who is close to ending his college career has barely done anything. I'm just intimidated on how intelligent this guy is. He does like me and I like him but I'm having an underlying fear that he will not be interested in me because of the lack of what I've done or how smart I am. Of course if he values intelligence and success over kindness and other attributes than clearly he is not worthy of me or anyone for that matter and shows what kind of person he is.

But still...

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Andstillimhere7,

What you are experiencing is not uncommon. Many people can come to feel that a person they are crushing on is 'out of their league' and if that person actually agrees to date them, that internal insecurity can turn into a constant questioning along the lines of 'why is this guy even interested in me when I'm clearly not good enough for him?' Obviously
    he doesn't feel that way or he wouldn't be dating you in the first place, don't you think?

IMO, the most straightforward way to deal with this is to be open and honest with him about your concerns/how you feel.

Just a thought.