1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating multiple people being bisexual...help?!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by pinklov3ly, Nov 11, 2017.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I’ve been dating men and women quite seriously for the past few months, and things were going pretty smoothly until recently. They’re all starting to get jealous of each other. I am always up front about my sexuality, other people, as well as my feelings etc. However, the whole dating thing isn’t working out so well anymore. I should admit that I’m sort of non monogamous because my past relationships resulted in infidelity. So, I figured being single and dating would work out in my favor. I’m so ready to throw in the towel and give up on dating. Any advice is appreciated, thank you!!

2. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, you are steadily dating! That's not a bad problem to have!

That being said, are you looking for a serious monogamous relationship, or do you want to date multiple people at the same time?

If you want to date multiple people at the same time, and are being open to them about it but they are being jealous, then maybe they're just not the right fit for you. You should be able to find people to date who are OK with you being with others.

If you want to be monogamous, maybe its time to narrow it down and think about who you really want to spend time with!

3. Cinnamon Bunny

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's good that you are communicating and being open. I would suggest figuring out what you want and find people who want the same.

If you want a relationship that is vastly different than the desires and goals of the people you're dating, it won't work out in the long run. There may be a lot of people fine with casual dating and relationships, they may be fine with you dating others, but they may also want an exclusive relationship eventually. To my understanding this is what the majority want. If that is not your desire and goal, you need to look for people who want the same arrangement whether that's an open relationship or some sort of ploy relationship.

If you want a monogamous relationship, then figure out what lead to the infidelity. Maybe talk with a therapist to work out the reason. You may be ending up with the wrong people, the relationships may not be cultivating into something fulfilling, there may be some need unmet that you're trying to get met in others when only you can give yourself what you need. When you understand yourself and your needs, then you can start doing the things that lead to fulfillment.

4. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Being bisexual is different than being polyamorous. It sounds like you identify as non monagamous/ or polyamorous. There are plenty of other people out there that are open to that and identify that way themselves. I would just be upfront about that when you start dating someone. The people you are dating may be getting more serious than you with dating and may start wanting to take their relationship with you up a notch, which means they may start wanting the type of relationship they feel most comfortable in and identify. If you don’t want to be exclusive then you telling them that will allow them to make the decision which is best for them. If jealousy is hitting it’s time to talk about it for sure.

canadian likes this.