1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by John2115, Jan 13, 2022.

1. John2115

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So here is some background before I start, I recently transferred schools and I don’t really know that many people. I also haven’t met any other gay/bi guys. In my history class there is this cute boy who sits behind me. He is usually kinda quiet in class but he just has a certain charm about him that is indescribable. He is on the basketball team and I think he also plays lacrosse. I never thought he was into me, but a few days ago the lights were off and the class was watching a documentary, he rested his shoes on the back of my ankles under my chair. He kept them there for the whole period. I don’t know if he did it on purpose or just by not realizing, so I wrote a note but i’m too shy to give it to him. It says (hey i’m pretty sure you’re straight but if you’re not would you want to get to know each other Better?) I just have this imperative fear that he is not going to be conformable sitting behind me if he is straight and i tell him i’m into him. I don't know if I should change the note or re write it completely or forget about the whole thing?

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @John2115 :slight_smile:

Transferring schools can be a daunting process of adjustment. Does your school have any LGBT+ groups or similar? Or are there any other clubs/groups that you could join to meet people with things in common to you?

How would you feel about this guy resting his shoes on you if he weren’t cute? What would you have done differently in that scenario? Would your have moved your feet or asked him to respect your personal space? To me, it sounds a little inconsiderate and disrespectful, along the same lines as manspreading, and not something that would indicate attraction.